The Ministry of Education is advertising intake for the 2021 TTC intake for Diploma in Primary Teacher Education (DPTE) and Diploma in Early Childhood Development Teacher Education (CECTE) pre-service teacher training intake.
All applicants who wish to be considered for admission in Diploma Teacher Training Colleges are invited to apply.
How to register
Registration forms are available and can be downloaded from the Ministry of Education’s website, www.education.go.ke.
Hard copies are available in the County Directors of Education (CDEs) offices. Duly filled registration forms should be submitted to Sub County Directors of Education Offices from Wednesday 16th – 30 June, 2021 by the applicants in person.
Those who sat for KCSE in March, 2021 and those with special needs are encouraged to apply.
Candidates are advised to register in only one Centre. Double registration will lead to automatic disqualification.
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE DIPLOMA IN PRIMARY TEACHER EDUCATION (DPTE)
The following are the minimum admission requirements for Diploma in Primary Teacher Education in Kenya.
- KCSE Mean Grade of C (Plain) with a C (Plain) in the following subjects.
iv. Humanities (Any one subject);
iv. Sciences (Any one subject) in pure or technical and applied Sciences.
- b) For candidates with disabilities the minimum entry grade is C- (Minus) and a C- (Minus) in the cluster of the subjects stated above.
- c) The duration of the course shall be three (3) years in accordance with the approved Curriculum designs.
- d) The Trainees shall be required to cover the recommended hours for coursework, practicum and pass the assessments as directed by Kenya National Examination Council (KNEC).
- e) The Teacher Trainee shall undertake three months micro-teaching course which is a pre-requisite for teaching practicum.
- f) The trainees shall be required to produce evidence of adherence to positive moral values and good behaviour such as School Leaving Certificate.
2. ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE DIPLOMA IN EARLY CHILDHOOD TEACHER EDUCATION (DECTE)
The minimum academic entry requirements for Diploma in Early Childhood Teacher Education (DECTE) shall be a mean grade C (Plain) in the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (KCSE) or its equivalent (as equated by the Kenya National Examinations Council (KNEC).
Candidates with disabilities shall be admitted with C Minus (-) grade in KCSE or its equivalent.
The duration for Diploma in Early Childhood Teacher Education (DECTE) shall be three (3) years.
The trainees undertaking a Diploma in Early Childhood Teacher Education (DECTE) shall cover ALL courses specified in the DECTE Curriculum.
The trainees shall undertake a Micro Teaching course of three (3 months) which shall be a pre-requisite for the Teaching Practicum of two school terms.
To be awarded a Diploma in Early Childhood Teacher Education (DECTE), the Teacher Trainees must complete the required hours for coursework and pass the stipulated assessment as directed by the Kenya National Examinations Council (KNEC).
The trainees shall be required to produce evidence of adherence to positive moral values and good behaviour such as School Leaving Certificate.
You may also like;