The Directorate of Criminal Investigations, DCI, has refuted claims that rapper Kennedy Ombima aka ‘King Kaka’ has been summoned to record statements over his hit song; ‘Wajinga Nyinyi’.
In the song, the rapper has lashed out on a number of prominent personalities; whom he accuses of being corrupt. The song, whose title translates to “You fools”, went viral and ruling the airwaves; upon its release on last Saturday.
Here is the presser from the DCI;
‘We wish to condemn strongly false information being peddled through social media to the effect that one Kennedy Ombima aka Rabbit The King has been summoned. Nobody from the DCI has summoned him.
Anybody wishing for publicity should be warned to desist from using the DCI as platform in seeking media attention.’
Kirinyaga County Governor, Ann Waiguru, is threatening to sue the rapper if he doesn’t offer an apology in 48 hours. The rapper mentions Waiguru in his song over the National Youth Service, NYS, scandal in which millions of tax payers’ funds were lost.
- Best Performing Boys’ Secondary schools per county
- Best performing mixed schools per county
- Best performing Girls’ Secondary schools per county
- Full list of all top and best [performing Boys’ Secondary schools per county
- Best performing County schools per county
- Best performing Extra County Schools per county