Education Cabinet Secretary Hon. Ezekiel Machogu this morning held a consultative session with KUPPET National Executive Board (NEB)led by Chair Hon. Omboko Milemba and Secretary General Akelo Misori. The CS has promised to engage more with the team for betterment of education system in the country.
The CS has also urged the KUPPET officials to support and take part in the delivering of the upcoming national exams. He also thanked the officials for the impact they have made to the society and learners at large.
List of items discussed
The following issues were discussed and are to be concluded by next month during another meeting with the PSs who are soon going to be vetted by Parliament:
1. TVET Trainers to be moved back toTSC
2. New CBA for teachers
3. Capitation for FSE to be increased and send on time
4. Management of co-curricula funds- teachers to be paid rightful per diem and given priority in sponsorship for Championships.
5. Employment of teachers and trainers
6. CBC- funding, involvement of teachers in decision making.
The CS committed to work closely with the union on matters teachers and eduction. 116,000 teachers to be employed within in 2 years time. 30,000 in January plus 3,000 TVET Trainers.