FUNCTIONAL COMPOSITION REVISION TOOL KIT FOR FORM FOUR
NAME……………… ADM. NO: …………………..CLASS…………….
1. Using this handout together with class notes and available text books, make distilled notes on each of the compositions. Learning points in your distilled notes should be the format, basic content and l anguage. Sketch of each composition can be drawn as part of your mind maps.
2. In a different book, write each of the composition during the session you will be at home for any school break before end of July.
3. Ensure each composition is discussed and/or marked before closing day in August.
4. Ensure the right use of language, be neat, fluent and use simple language with apt tone.
|Composition (year tested)||Sample Question for guide in interpreting content||Major learning point expectations used in awarding of scores during marking|
|1||2||Shopping list||Imagine that your sibling is to join form one next month. You have to help in the planning for her shopping. The shopping to be made is to have: toilet paper, utensils, soap, bedding, stationery and sanitary material. Write the shopping list.||Format and content to have:
· Title to have the owner’s name, the phrase ‘shopping list’, the event for which the shopping is being done and the date for shopping
DAU’S SHOPPING LIST FOR JOINING FORM ONE ON 17TH JULY 2020
· Body- in table form with items under categories as hinted at in the question.
· The content to have a table that is fully filled having the following column headers:
a) serial number- number of categories, b) Category- list categories with the most important category numbered first, c) items- column for list of items starting with the most important item in each category, d) quantity- column to quantify each item using apt units of measurement, e)description- column for brief description of each item (of opinion, size, shape, age, colour, originality, material, purpose), f) price- column showing the costing of each item in Kenyan Shillings or dollars and
g) Shop- column for the shop you expect to get the packed
|1||Clothing||Shirt||2 pairs||White||@Ksh. 450||Wahu’s shop|
|Trouser||3 pairs||Navy blue||@Ksh. 700||Kilombelo’s shop|
|· Language is brief and in note form.|
|2||1||Packing list.||Imagine you are one of the members of prefect’s council. You are to go for a students’ retreat at Soya Palace. Your teacher has asked you to pack some items for your use during the trip. Write the packing list that you will take to your teacher for approval before packing.||Format and content to have:
· Title to have the owner’s name, the phrase ‘packing list’, the event for which the packing is being done and the date for writing
· Body- in table form with categories as per the question
· The content to have a table with columns with the following headers: a) serial number- number of categories, b) Category- list categories with the most important category numbered first, c) items- column for list of items starting with the most important item in each category, d) quantity- column to quantify each item using apt units of measurement, e) description- column for brief description of each item being packed. Table is same to shopping list but without price and shop.
· The language is in note firm and in table format
|3||1||Inventory||Imagine you came back to Tumtum Academy from home last week. You brought stationary, clothing, bedding and sanitary material. Write the inventory you had kept by the end of week the first week. Your items should not be more than fifteen.||Format and content to have:
· Title to have owner’s name, phrase ‘inventory’ and the date of last modification.
LANDO’S SCHOOL INVENTORY AS ON 17TH JUNE 2020.
· Body- to have basic rubrics in the question included under categories
· Serial number- column with number for each category
· Category- column with list of the categories
· Date in- column for the date the item was entered
· Item- column for names of items
· Quantity- column for the quantity of each item
· Description- column for the description (opinion/ condition, size, shape, age colour, originality, material, purpose)
· Price/Value- the price in Ksh or the sourcing method such as donation or gift
· Date out- Column for the date the item was taken out by self or others
· Quantity out- column for the quantity taken
· balance- Column for what remained after quantity out
· Sign/name- column for the sign or name of the person (self or others) who took
|No||Date in||Category||Item||Quantity in||Price||Date out||Quantity out||Balance||Sign|
|The language is that of note form in table format.|