You may have made an over-payment in your HELB Loan repayment. This usually happens if deductions are done at the source by your employer. The big question, therefore, is, ‘how do you get a refund from HELB?’
it is important to note that in case you overpay your HELB loan, you will receive a refund from HELB and not your employer.
Getting a HELB Loan refund is quite easy and straight forward. You can either visit the HELB offices (Anniversary Towers in Nairobi) or use the HELB online platform.
HOW TO PROCESS FOR YOUR HELB LOAN REFUND ONLINE.
It is now easier for you to process your refund only. All that you need to do is download the HELB Loan Recovery Enquiry form (See below).
Print the form and fill it out, correctly. Ensure you fill all the fields marked as ‘mandatory’. The Nature of inquiry should be ticked as ‘Refund due to over deductions’.
Scan both the filled out form and your ATM card. The details on your ATM card should be legible; more so the account number.
SENDING YOUR SCANNED DOCUMENTS TO HELB.
After scanning your documents, you will now need to send them to HELB for processing. You do not need to go all the way to the HELB office in Nairobi.
Just compose a new email. The title should be something like; ‘Re: Application for HELB Loan refund’.
Attach the scanned copies of your form and Bank ATM card.
Send the email to; email@example.com
You can track the status of your application by contacting HELB via their official communication channels. On Twitter, get HELB here; @HELBpage.
You can also consider using any of the following official HELB contacts:
- TELEPHONE: 0711052000
- Twitter: @HELBpage
- Facebook: @HELBpage
HELB’s operating hours are between 9.00am and 3.00pm. You can reach out to HELB for all your Enquires.
HOW LONG SHOULD IT TAKE FOR YOU TO GET YOUR REFUND?
Processing of your refund should take about 30 to 60 days. Unfortunately, in most cases, the process takes a long, very long, time span. All that is required is patience.
- HELB LOANS, WEBSITE, PORTAL & SERVICES: Your ultimate guide on all requirements, application, disbursement and repayment of HELB Loans and Bursaries
- Helb- This is all you need to know concerning helb loans; application, processing, disbursement, repayment and clearance
- Guide to the HELB Mobile Short code used for loan repayment, application and Disbursement status
- Helb undergraduate loans latest news: Amount awarded, disbursement and requirements: Full details
- How to apply for HELB loan clearance, compliance certificate and refund; requirements and process
- How to apply for HELB Post Graduate Scholarships for Masters and PHD students: Plus Requirements
- Helb student loans; How to repay Helb loans via Mpesa, Bank Deposit, Wave, World Remit, Diaspora Payment methods
- Complete information about the Higher Education Loans Board, Helb; Loan applications and repayments