Candidates who sat for the 2019 Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education, KCSE, examinations can now check their results using the KNEC SMS Code, KNEC online portal or visiting their former schools. This can now be done since the results have been announced by the Education Cabinet secretary. Here are the ways you can use to receive your results:
- Using KNEC SMS code 20076
- Using an online KNEC portal
- Visiting respective school
CHECKING KCSE 2019 RESULTS USING SMS CODE 20076
This is the most effective and fastest way of checking for the results. To get 2019 KCSE results via SMS a candidate is required to send an SMS with your full Index Number to 20076. The service is viable for all the three network providers in the country Safaricom, Airtel and Telkom networks.
Access the 2019 KCSE results via SMS by sending the full index number (11digits) of the candidate followed by KCSE to 20076. For example 23467847002KCSE then send to 20076. After the full index number no spacing between the last number and the initials KCSE.
FOR A COMPLETE GUIDE TO ALL SCHOOLS IN KENYA CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW;
Here are links to the most important news portals:
- KUCCPS News Portal
- TSC News Portal
- Universities and Colleges News Portal
- Helb News Portal
- KNEC News Portal
- KSSSA News Portal
- Schools News Portal
- Free Teaching Resources and Revision Materials
CHECKING KCSE 2019 RESULTS USING THE KNEC ONLINE PORTAL
Schools can access and download the results for all candidates via the KNEC online portal.
Here is the procedure:
- Visit the Official KNEC website; https://www.knec-portal.ac.ke/
- Then, click on Online results. You will be prompted to enter the user name and password. This credentials are similar to those used during registration of candidates.
- The results for the whole centre would be shown on the screen.
- Select the format that you wish to transfer the results to for downloading and printing.
VISITING YOUR FORMER SCHOOL FOR THE HARD COPY RESULTS
Finally, candidates can check their KCSE 2019 results by visiting their former schools a day after the official release of the exam.
Important Notes on Release Of Examinations Results
It is important to note the following concerning the KCSE results released by KNEC;
Examination Results Slips and Printouts
Each of the institutions that enter candidates for the KNEC examinations shall receive a hard copy of the institution’s examination results printout and result slips which captures the following information:
Institution’s Code and Name
This appears on the top left side of the printout. The institution’s code is a unique number by which an examination centre is identified by the Council. This is the number that an institution should always quote whenever communicating with KNEC.
Below the institution’s name and code are details of the candidates. These details include the index number of the candidate, year of examination, gender, individual subject grades and the mean grade.
WHAT THE VARIOUS SYMBOLS ON YOUR RESULTS DENOTE
The important features of the examination results are as indicated below:-
- X – denotes an absent candidate. A candidate is declared absent if he/she did not sit for one or all papers in the examination. However, for the KCPE examination results, the symbol AB indicates an absence;
- Y- denotes that the candidate was involved in an examination irregularity. For the KCPE examination results, the symbol 00 indicates an irregularity;
- P- denotes that the candidate’s examination results have been pended due to infringement on the entry requirements for the examination e.g. incorrect KCPE details for entry in KCSE examination;
- W- denotes that the candidate’s examination results have been withheld on suspicion that the candidate has been involved in an examination malpractice and investigations are ongoing;
- U- denotes ungraded examination results due to infringement of the awards criteria.
Mean Grade Award Descriptions
- Mean grade will be X, if a candidate is absent in all subjects
- Mean grade will be Y, if one or more subjects are cancelled.
- Mean grade will be U, if the entry requirements for the KCSE examination are not met
- Mean grade will be CRNM, if the course requirements for the Teacher education, Business and Technical examinations are not met
- Mean grade will be P, if results are pended
- Mean grade will be W, if the examination results are withheld;
The details of pended, withheld and irregularities are communicated to the institution through the Sub County Director of Education at the time of release of the examination results and are received by the institutions at the same time with the examination results.
Release Of Certificates
Once certificates for a specific examination are ready for collection/dispatch from KNEC, the institutions shall be informed through the mass and print media, Sub County Directors of Education and/or the heads of institutions.
All certificates for regular candidates are issued through the Heads of Schools/Institutions and to private candidates through the Sub County Directors of Education.
The Kenya National Examinations Council reserves the right to withdraw a certificate for amendment or for any other reason should this be necessary.
Upon the release of KCPE and KCSE examinations, the candidates can access their results through SMS number provided during the official release of results. The KCPE candidates are expected to access their result slips through the KNEC website immediately after release of the examination in their respective schools.
Download the full centre’s results, after they have been announced, at: http://www.knec-portal.ac.ke