M-PESA Statements On USSD
This is a DIY (Do-It-Yourself) service that enables M-PESA customers to access their stamped M-PESA statements on demand and/or monthly, by requesting via *334# and the e-stamped statement will be sent to your email.
How does this service work?
- Customers can now self generate statements from the comfort of their phones without the need to visit a Safaricom Retail Shop.
- Customers can request for their statements for specific dates, availed on demand or on a scheduled monthly basis to their emails.
- Statements generated are e-stamped, verified as true statements from Safaricom without going to the retail centers to get them stamped.
- Easy sign up process on *334# to access e-statements on the go.
- Information on the statement has been minimized in accordance to the Data Protection laws.
- This service is FREE and accessible to ALL M-PESA registered customers.
How to register for the service
Using M-PESA line, the customer will:
- Dial *334# select My Account>> Select M-PESA Statement
- Select Register for Email Statement>>Accept Terms and Conditions
- Enter your email address and verify your request using your M-PESA PIN;
- You will receive an SMS confirmation that your registration request has been received and is being processed.
After registering, customers will receive a notification on the email address provided, with a validation code/OTP. The validation code/OTP shared on email will be used to verify the email provided as shown below:
- Dial *334#
- Select My Account
- Select M-PESA Statement
- Select Option 1 – Verify Email using OTP >>Enter OTP sent on the email provided.
The customer will receive a notification informing them that:
- They have successfully registered their email address to receive monthly M-PESA statements.
- They have been opted out of the old M-PESA Statements service.
Note: The OTP generated is valid for 24 Hours from the time of request. However, another OTP can be generated from the M-PESA statement Menu on USSD which the customer can use to verify their email address.
After registration, customers will access M-PESA statements using the below easy to follow steps:
- Dial *334# from your M-PESA registered line
- Select option 7 – My Account
- Select option 3 – M-PESA Statement>> request either full statement or mini statement
- Your statement will be sent to your email and a notification sent to you on SMS.
Note: M-PESA customers will receive monthly statements sent once between 1st and 5th of every month
Important to note: Your M-PESA PIN will be used to approve your M-PESA statement request. PIN YAKO. SIRI YAKO
For Support: customers can call line 100 for prepaid, 200 for post paid or visit the nearest Safaricom Retail shop or Care Desks.