The Teachers Service Commission, TSC, requires you to have a TSC Registration Certificate for you to be allowed to teach in any Kenyan school. Remember, this requirement is for all teachers in either private or public schools. Your registration certificate comes with your TSC number; which is a unique number assigned to teachers who apply for registration certificates.
In this feature you will get answers to your burning questions like;
- How do I get a TSC certificate?
- How long does it take to get TSC certificate?
- How do I check my TSC registration status?
- How do I register with TSC portal?
- How much does it cost to apply for TSC number?
If you are intending to seek employment with TSC then it is advisable that you apply for the registration certificate immediately you graduate. This will enable you get the certificate in good time. Application for this certificate is done purely online (See the page below);
How will you know if you have been registered by TSC?
Once you make your application online, the Commission will process your request and get back to you within 30 days. It is important to always check for your application processing status, online.
At times you will get a communication that your application has been reset and you need to send your original documents again. Do not hesitate, just scan your original documents and resend them again.
In rare unfortunate cases, TSC may decline your application. In such a case, the commission will communicate within 30 days giving the reason for declining. It is necessary that you be aware the reasons that may make TSC to decline your application. These include:
- Lack of the required academic and professional qualifications.
- Being of questionable moral character, i.e., you have been convicted of an offence against a learner or a sexual offence.
- Having a criminal offence conviction that makes you unfit to be a teacher.
- If proven that you engaged in activities considered prejudicial to good governance, peace, or good order in Kenya.
- Having a physical or mental illness that makes you incapable of administering your duty as a teacher.
- TSC new teacher registration guidelines, requirements and online procedure: Easily get your TSC Number
- TSC- How to apply for TSC Registration certificate replacement
- TSC contacts: TSC Registration, TPAD, Promotions, Complaints and contacts for all departments
- TSC Payslips; Registration, Login, details, password reset and how to download
How to check your TSC registration status online
Like indicated, before, it is necessary that you keep on checking for your registration status, online. How can you do this? Well. It is very simple. Just follow the steps below:
- You will get the window shown below;
- Next, select ‘Registration Status’ as indicated in the window below;
- Enter your ID card or passport number and click ‘Search’. You will receive your ‘Registration Status’ indicated in red on your screen.