The Ministry of Education will be providing all the 2020 National schools, Extra County, County and special secondary schools admission letters online for the 2019 Kenya Certificate of Primary Education, KCPE, candidates to download. This will ensure that all kids are treated fairly and get admissions to their secondary schools of choice. Remember to SMS your full index number to 22263 in order to know the secondary school you have been selected to.
How to download the 2020 admission letter to Secondary Schools
For one to download the 2020 admission letter, use the procedure below:
- Click on this link to access the download page from the Ministry of Education’s Website: Ministry of education download link for 2020 form one admission letter.
- Then, Select the county and sub-county where your KCPE centre/ school is located and key in your index number and click on ‘Submit.’
- Click on the link named “admission letter” at the bottom of the page for a copy of your admission letter.
- Use the printer icon to print or download icon to download to your computer.
- Get your primary school’s headteacher to endorse the letter and stamp it in the space provided.
- Finally, present it for admission together with a certified copy of birth certificate and other required parents’/ guardians’ documents and details.
Access the Official ministry of Education’s form one admission letters download page by using this link, below;
For complete information on all schools in Kenya, including best private and public schools, please visit this link:
But, what are some of the key highlights on the admission letters?
Here are some of the common details on the 2020 form one admission letters:
- All the admission letters bear the Ministry of Education’s letter head; The letter contains the Education Ministry’s logo and head.
- Name of the student, Index number and Sub County,
- School admitted to (The Secondary school where the student has been placed),
- Reporting date; Which is in January, 2020. The reporting date for 2019 was 7th to 11th January.
- Former primary school’s details; the letter must be stamped by the head teacher, A disclaimer on the letter reads; “This letter will be authenticated on being duly certified by the primary school head complete with a certified copy of birth certificate and finally confirmed by the admitting principal. The letter is issued without any erasure or alteration and cannot be changed through any form of endorsement whatsoever; utterance of false documents is an offence punishable by law.”
- The 2020 fee guidelines from the Ministry (The letter gives fees directions thus; “The maximum fees payable per year is detailed in the attached schedule, do confirm the category of your school before making any payment.”)
- Parents/ Guardians expected to go to schools where their kids have been placed to pick further joining instructions and requirements. (“Urgently get in touch with your new principal at the above school for admission requirements,” says the admission letter from the Ministry.)
- All TSC services online portals and how to log in
- TSC TPAD data upload deadline
- Complete guide to the new TSC TPAD portal
- TSC: Full details on the newly established grades for teachers
- TSC: Designation codes for all teacher job groups
- TSC Grades and qualifications/ requirements for various administrative positions in schools
- TSC: Details on the current all 36 Teacher job groups/ grades
- TSC: Requirements, appointment and responsibilities of Principals
- All what you need to know and carry to a TSC teacher recruitment interview
- TSC: Requirements, responsibilities and appointment of Deputy Principals
Other details that learners would get from the secondary school where they have been selected to join include:
- Uniform descriptions,
- Boarding requirements; mattresses, blankets, e.t.c
- Any books’ requirements and
- Other personal effects as may be prescribed by individual schools.