KCSE RESULTS ONLINE- The Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) is an exam administered by Kenya National Examination Council (KNEC) to mark the end of secondary education level. This exam is usually administered during the month of November and results released before the end of the year. Candidates who sat for the exam can check their results using three ways:
- Using KNEC SMS code 20076
- Using an online KNEC portal
- Visiting respective school
CHECKING KCSE 2021/2022 RESULTS USING SMS CODE 20076
This is the most effective and fastest way of checking for the results. To get KCSE results 2021/2022 by SMS a candidate is required to send an SMS with your Index Number to 20076. The service is viable for all the three network providers in the country Safaricom, Airtel and Telkom networks.
Access the 2021/2022 KCSE results via SMS by sending the full index number (11digits) of the candidate followed by KCSE to 20076. For example 23467847002KCSE then send to 20076. After the full index number no spacing between the last number and the initials KCSE.
The cost of each SMS is Sh.25.
NB: Candidates must wait for official release of the results before sending an SMS.
CHECKING KCSE 2021/2022 RESULTS USING KNEC ONLINE PORTAL
To use this method to check 2021/2022 results you only need to remember your index number and access your mobile phone or computer Here is the procedure:
- Visit the Official KNEC website (knec.ac.ke)
- Check for the KCSE Results tab, click on it
- Select the year you sat for the Exams
- Enter your Index number.
- Finally click the Submit button.
- Your KCSE results should show on the screen after a while.
HOW TO DOWNLOAD KCPE RESULTS FOR WHOLE SCHOOL
School heads can now access the 2021/2022 KCPE results online from the KNEC portal; http://www.knec-portal.ac.ke/
1. Visit the official KNEC schools’ portal by clicking the link above.
2. To login to the KNEC portal, Insert the User Name and Password which you used during the KCPE 2020/2021 registration.
3. Once inside the portal, you will see several boxes. First, under the box labelled ‘FROM INDEX’, input the index number of the first candidate (in full) and in the box labelled ‘TO INDEX NUMBER’ input the last candidate’s index Number. Click on ‘VIEW REPORT’.
4. Wait for the result slips to load. When all the slips are loaded, click on the Menu labeled ‘EXPORT’.
5. Select the format you would like to export the KCPE Result Slips e.g. ‘WORD’ or ‘PDF’ formats.
6. The KCPE Result slips will be downloaded to an offline storage in your computer.
7. You can then print the downloaded result slips.
Finally, candidates can check their KCSE 2019 results by visiting their former schools a day after the official release of the exam.
Release Of Examinations Results
The Kenya National Examinations Council (KNEC) wishes to bring the following information to the attention of all institutions presenting candidates for the KNEC examinations:
Examination Results Slips and Printouts
Each of the institutions that enter candidates for the KNEC examinations shall receive a hard copy of the institution’s examination results printout and result slips which captures the following information:
1. Institution’s Code and Name
This appears on the top left side of the printout. The institution’s code is a unique number by which an examination centre is identified by the Council. This is the number that an institution should always quote whenever communicating with KNEC.
2. Candidates Details
Below the institution’s name and code are details of the candidates. These details include the index number of the candidate, year of examination, gender, individual subject grades and the mean grade.
The important features of the examination results are as indicated below:-
- X – denotes an absent candidate. A candidate is declared absent if he/she did not sit for one or all papers in the examination. However, for the KCPE examination results, the symbol AB indicates an absence;
- Y- denotes that the candidate was involved in an examination irregularity. For the KCPE examination results, the symbol 00 indicates an irregularity;
- P- denotes that the candidate’s examination results have been pended due to infringement on the entry requirements for the examination e.g. incorrect KCPE details for entry in KCSE examination;
- W- denotes that the candidate’s examination results have been withheld on suspicion that the candidate has been involved in an examination malpractice and investigations are ongoing;
- U- denotes ungraded examination results due to infringement of the awards criteria.
Mean Grade Award Descriptions
- Mean grade will be X, if a candidate is absent in all subjects
- Mean grade will be Y , if one or more subjects are cancelled.
- Mean grade will be U, if the entry requirements for the KCSE examination are not met
- Mean grade will be CRNM, if the course requirements for the Teacher education, Business and Technical examinations are not met
- Mean grade will be P, if results are pended
- Mean grade will be W, if the examination results are withheld;
The details of pended, withheld and irregularities are communicated to the institution through the Sub County Director of Education at the time of release of the examination results and are received by the institutions at the same time with the examination results.
Release Of Certificates
Once certificates for a specific examination are ready for collection/dispatch from KNEC, the institutions shall be informed through the mass and print media, Sub County Directors of Education and/or the heads of institutions:
All certificates for regular candidates are issued through the Heads of Schools/Institutions and to private candidates through the Sub County Directors of Education.
The Kenya National Examinations Council reserves the right to withdraw a certificate for amendment or for any other reason should this be necessary.
Upon the release of KCPE and KCSE examinations, the candidates can access their results through SMS number provided during the official release of results. The KCPE candidates are expected to access their result slips through the KNEC website immediately after release of the examination in their respective schools.
Download the full centre’s results, after they have been announced, at: http://www.knec-portal.ac.ke