The selection exercise for the 2022, 2023 placement of form ones is complete. To know the secondary school your child has been selected to join, send an sms of the child’s full index number to 22263.
Learners will also be expected to download their letters through the Ministry of education’s online portal. The admission letter is important to both students and Parents/ Guardians.
This is because it enables the two parties to prepare adequately for reporting to selected secondary school.
To download the admission letter to Secondary Schools:
- Click on this link to access the download page from the Ministry of Education’s Website: Ministry of education download link for form one admssion letter.
- Then, Select the county and sub-county where your KCPE centre is located and key in your index number and Submit.
- Click on the link named “admission letter” at the bottom of the page for a copy of your admission letter.
- Use the printer icon to print or download icon to download to your computer.
- Get your primary school’s headteacher to endorse the letter and stamp it in the space provided.
- Finally, present it for admission together with a certified copy of birth certificate
Access the Official ministry of Education’s download page by using this link: http://www.education.go.ke/index.php/online-services/form-one-selection
For complete information on all schools in Kenya, including best private and public schools, please visit this link: Schools Portal; Complete guide to all schools in Kenya
But, what are some of the key highlights on the admission letters?
Here are some of the common details on the form one admission letters:
- All the admission letters bear the Ministry of Education’s letter head; The letter contains the Education Ministry’s logo and head.
- Name of the student, Index number and Sub County,
- School admitted to (The Secondary school where the student has been placed),
- Reporting date; Which is in January, 2020. The reporting date for 2019 was 7th to 11th January.
- Former primary school’s details; the letter must be stamped by the head teacher, A disclaimer on the letter reads; “This letter will be authenticated on being duly certified by the primary school head complete with a certified copy of birth certificate and finally confirmed by the admitting principal. The letter is issued without any erasure or alteration and cannot be changed through any form of endorsement whatsoever; utterance of false documents is an offence punishable by law.”
- The 2022, 2023 fee guidelines from the Ministry (The letter gives fees directions thus; “The maximum fees payable per year is detailed in the attached schedule, do confirm the category of your school before making any payment.”)
- Parents/ Guardians expected to go to schools where their kids have been placed to pick further joining instructions and requirements. (“Urgently get in touch with your new principal at the above school for admission requirements,” says the admission letter from the Ministry.)
Other details that learners would get from the selected school include:
- Uniform descriptions,
- Boarding requirements; mattresses, blankets, e.t.c
- Any books’ requirements and
- Other personal effects as may be prescribed by individual schools.
The Government has insisted on its resolve to ensure 100 percent transition from Primary to secondary schools. Consequently, all the 2019 KCPE candidates will get places at preferred secondary schools.