Are you in need of a free KRA Tax Compliance Certificate (TCC)? Well. You can now get your certificate free, online.
What is Tax Compliance Certificate (TCC)?
A tax compliance, otherwise known as a Tax Clearance Certificate is an official document issued by KRA, as proof of having filed and paid all your taxes.
KRA issues the following Tax Compliance Certificates upon application:
- Tax Compliance Certificates for Taxpayers seeking tenders with Government Ministries and Institutions.
- Tax Compliance Certificates to employees leaving service nor seeking new job opportunities.
- Tax Compliance Certificates for taxpayers seeking liquor Licenses.
- Tax Compliance Certificates to Clearing and Forwarding Agents.
Tax Compliance Validity
Tax Compliance Certificates are valid for twelve months only.
Application for a TCC is done through iTax platform and the certificate is sent to applicants’ email address.
You can now check if your Tax Compliance Certificate is valid using the new KRA M-Service App.
Applying for a Compliance Certificate; Step by step process
Taxpayers seeking Tax Compliance Certificate must be compliant in:
- Filing of tax returns on or before the due date for all applicable tax obligations.
- Payment of tax on or before the due date.
- Clearance of all outstanding tax debt.
How to Apply for a Tax Compliance Certificate
Would you like to get a Tax Compliance Certificate? Well.Follow the simplified process below:
- Visit the KRA iTax portal by using the link; https://itax.kra.go.ke/KRA-Portal/
- Log into your account by entering your KRA PIN, Password and security stamp value. In case you have forgotten your password,follow this link; Step by step guide on how to reset your KRA password
- From your account, locate the ‘Certificates’ tab and click it. From the drop down menu, select ‘Apply for Tax Compliance Certificate (TCC)’.
- In the next window enter the reason (s) as to why you need the certificate and click on apply.
- To download your certificate,click on the tab indicated ‘Click here to download tax compliance certificate; KRA..’
Please note that where there is any outstanding debt, you will need to pay or apply for a payment plan, which upon approval, enables you to continue with the self-service process.
If you are not in agreement with the liability shown, please contact the Contact Centre on Tel: 020 4 999 999, 0711 099 999 or Email email@example.com. You may also visit the nearest KRA office or Huduma Centre.