The Ministry of Education has opened the 2021 form one transfers requests portal. 2020 KCPE candidates who were not satisfied with schools where they have been placed can now request for change.
HOW TO PLACE A PLACEMENT TRANSFER REQUEST FOR 2021 FORM ONES
It is the school that should place a transfer request online, upon application by a parent. The Ministry will then approve the transfers, before the form one joins the new school. To place a transfer request online, follow the easy steps below;
- Visit the NEMIS portal at https://nemis.education.go.ke
- Log onto the system by providing the User name and password.
- Under the ‘LEARNER’ tab, select ‘Admit/ Capture requests’ from the drop down menu.
- On the new window, enter the Learner’s Index number or Unique Personal Identifier (UPI) into the ‘SEARCH (UPI/ INDEX) box and press on ‘Check.’ The learner’s details will be displayed i.e Index, Name, Gender, Marks and the School that the student has been placed.
- Accept placement request and fill the Parent or Guardian’s name, ID no, mobile contact and request number/ File Number as captured in the school’s list. Click on apply.
- A success message is displayed. Wait for approval of the transfer request to be effected. This may take up to one day. Approval is done at various levels of the Ministry of Education’s administrative units i.e County for county schools, Region for Extra County schools and the Ministry’s Head quarter (Jogoo) for National schools.
Note: Send documentary evidence for the transfer request to the Ministry of Education’s Director- Secondary Schools, on E-mail: [email protected]
How to admit 2021 Form Ones through the NEMIS system: Ministry of Education How to Place Transfer Request for Form One 2021 (Simplified guide) How to complete the new students and 2021/2022 form ones’ admission process by updating their Bio data on NEMIS Nemis Portal Login (http://nemis.education.go.ke/) Use the window below to request for change in form one admission.
THE ADMISSION PROCEDURE.
Once the transfer request has been approved by the Ministry, you can now proceed to admit the form one student as follows;
- Visit the NEMIS portal at https://nemis.education.go.ke/
- Log in by using the set User name and Password.
- Once logged in, select the LEARNER TAB and click on ‘Admit student/ Capture request from the drop down list.
- On the new window, enter the Learner’s Index number or Unique Personal Identifier (UPI) into the ‘SEARCH (UPI/ INDEX) box and press on ‘Check.’
- The learner’s details will be displayed i.e Index, Name, Gender, Marks and the School that the student has been placed.
- Click on ‘Admit’, if the learner’s details show the student is admitted at the school.
- On the new interface, enter the UPI and the Birth Certificate Number, as shown below. Then, press on Admit.
|UPI (Used in Primary, if provided by Parent/Student – OPTIONAL)|
|Birth Certificate No (Provided During Admission by the Parent/Student – NOT OPTIONAL)|
8. The admission success message will be displayed on the screen, thus;
|THE STUDENT HAS BEEN ADMITTED TO THE SCHOOL. ENSURE YOU CAPTURE BIO-DATA IN ‘THE LEARNER’ TO BE ABLE TO BE ENROLLED IN NHIF / CAPITATION / MOE-TRACKING.|