How To Register Your Biometrics For NHIF Efficient Services
NHIF has embarked on a mass biometric registration exercise of its members. Previously, members used their National ID card and NHIF card as a mode of identification, which is smoothly transitioning to a biometric mode of identification and verification.
The procedure for biometric registration is as follows:
- NHIF members and dependants can visit the nearest NHIF branch offices across the country and produce identification documents i.e., a copy of National ID/ NHIF card for verification in the database.
- Members can also be registered biometrically when they visit NHIF accredited hospitals while seeking services.
- Once verified, members fingerprint details will be captured.
- New members will also be registered biometrically to the NHIF database and issued with a registration number.
- When a member visits an accredited facility of choice, they will be identified using their fingerprint or One-time password (OTP).
N/B: The biometric registration process is continuous. If a member is unwell and is not biometrically registered, the hospital will biometrically register them first before seeking any service from the hospital. NHIF guarantees its members who are not yet registered biometrically, that they will continue accessing seamless services. Therefore, there is no deadline for biometric registration.
The ongoing digital transformation will improve efficiency and reduce fraud wastage and abuse. This is part of the transition and transformation of NHIF as the vehicle through which the government will attain Universal Health Coverage. For more details contact NHIF on toll-free number 0800 720 801.