The Kenya National Examinations Council, Knec, has completed the process of capturing details of candidates for the 2020 Kenya Certificate of Primary Education (KCPE) and Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE). Candidates and/ or schools can now be able to check the details of the registered candidates so as to ensure they are correct. This would also present parents/ guardians with a chance to ensure that their kids have been enlisted for this year’s national examinations. Cases of learners being turned away in the last minute for failing to be registered for the exams have been reported in the past.
Confirming registration details is also key as it provides candidates with an opportunity to ensure their names, gender and subjects are accurate. In the past, candidates have been forced to sit for subjects they did not wish to undertake.
FOR A COMPLETE GUIDE TO ALL SCHOOLS IN KENYA CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW;
Here are links to the most important news portals:
- KUCCPS News Portal
- TSC News Portal
- Universities and Colleges News Portal
- Helb News Portal
- KNEC News Portal
- KSSSA News Portal
- Schools News Portal
- Free Teaching Resources and Revision Materials
HOW TO CHECK REGISTRATION STATUS VIA SMS
Thanks to Knec, you can now be able to check your registration status via a mobile phone. The system is now open and you can use the procedure below:
- Go to new SMS on your mobile phone.
- Type in your Index Number and Exam in the format IndexnumberExam (there should be no space between the two). For example: 111111116589KCSE for KCSE and 123451134501KCPE for KCPE exams.
- Send this SMS to 20076 from any line (Safaricom, Airtel, Telkom).
- Note that each SMS costs Sh25 and the Index Number should have 12 Digits.
- You will receive an SMS with your registration details. Please check to see if the details are correctly captured. In case of any disparity, inform your Principal/ Head of Institution immediately for further guidance and assistance.