Kenya Medical Training College (KMTC) Homa Bay Campus was established in 1979 to train Enrolled Community Health Nurses (ECN). In 1998, ECN was upgraded to Diploma in Community Health Nursing at the Campus.
This led to the phasing out of the pre-service training for enrolled nurses in 2002 and the introduction of other programs at diploma level.
Programmes and Courses currently offered: –
- Diploma in Community Health Nursing
- Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Surgery
- Diploma in Physiotherapy
- Diploma in Nutrition and Dietetics
- Certificate in Nutrition and Dietetics.
The Campus has the following facilities:
- Adequate and spacious classrooms,
- A well-equipped computer laboratory with internet connections
- A well-equipped library
- Vehicles to transport staff and students
- Kitchen and dining facilities
From a class of 12 students in one certificate programme, today, the institution has more than 870 students in four different departments: Nursing, Clinical Medicine, Physiotherapy and Nutrition.
Clinical experience sites
Clinical experience sites for our students include: Homa Bay County Teaching and Referral Hospital, and other approved health facilities within and outside the county. Mission hospitals such as Kendu Bay and St. Mary’s Hospital in Mumias also provide the requisite learning facilities.
Clubs, Societies and Sports
In an effort to make an all-round health professional, KMTC HomaBay Campus will nurture your interest in service to God and humanity through various religious organizations and societies. It organizes yearly inter-denominational prayer day to bring students together.
Students sporting activities include athletics and field events, ball games such as volleyball, soccer, basketball, rugby, and netball. Indoor games like darts, chess, scrabble among others are also available.
Alcohol and Drug Abuse Prevention (ADAP) club, engages with NACADA to help our students in the fight against drug and substance abuse.
Campus Contact Information: –
KMTC Homa Bay Campus
P.O. Box 512,
Email: [email protected]
Full list of all Courses offered at KMTC (See minimum entry requirements)
1. Clinical Medicine and Surgery (Diploma and Higher
2. Medical Laboratory Sciences (Diploma and Higher
3. Orthopaedic and Trauma Medicine (Certificate
4. Community Oral Health (Diploma)
5. Medical Imaging Sciences (Diploma and Higher
6. Medical Education (Higher Diploma)
7. Health Records and Information Technology
(Certificate and Diploma)
8. Pharmacy (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
9. Dental Technology (Diploma)
10. Nursing (Certificate, Diploma and Higher Diploma)
11. Public Health (Certificate, Diploma and Higher Diploma)
12. Nutrition and Dietetics (Certificate and Diploma)
13. Occupational Therapy (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
14. Health Promotion (Certificate, Diploma and Higher
15. Orthopaedic Technology (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
16. Optometry (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
17. Physiotherapy (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
18. Medical Engineering (Certificate, Diploma and Higher
19. Short Courses
How to Apply for KMTC Courses 2021/2022
We welcome your application
Thank you for your interest in the Kenya Medical Training College. We are happy that you are looking closely at the exciting opportunities available here in KMTC.
KMTC seeks to enrol and graduate applicants who will develop and grow educationally and personally and will contribute to the College community, and the broader society.
To that end, the role of the Admissions and Records Office is to recruit, admit, and encourage enrolment of applicants who are spiritually mature, academically excellent, accomplished in extra-curricular endeavours, and broadly diverse through individualized review and professional judgment.
All applications are ONLINE from the application portal on this website www.kmtc.ac.ke.
The prospective candidates apply for admission into courses for each academic year for Regular or Parallel Category.
The Regular category have subsidized fee with optional accommodation but no choice for campus while the parallel category have non subsidized fee, no accommodation option but have option for campuses choice in more than sixty five (65) campuses situated in different parts of the country depending on the courses.
- Prospective candidates are expected to visit the applicants’ portal, read the advertisement to know the various courses and their specific entry requirements.
- Candidates interested in making an application are advised to READ the application guidelines (preservice/Inservice) available on the application portal
- Candidates are advised to follow the steps carefully given in the application guideline to the end to be sure of application success.
- Take note that the application period has timelines as stipulated on the advertisement please observe them