Kenya Medical Training College (KMTC) Kabarnet Campus is situated in Baringo County within Baringo County Referral Hospital, approximately 1.5 kilometers from Baringo County Headquarters.
The history of Kabarnet Campus dates back to 1991 when it was established as a Medical Training Center at the then Baringo District Development Institute (BDDI), now Baringo Kenya School of Government (K.S.G).
During the same period, the Government of Kenya through the Ministry of Health had proposed to build Kabarnet Medical Training Center, now KMTC Kabarnet Campus, on an eight-acre plot set aside adjacent to Kabarnet District Hospital (now Baringo County Referral and Teaching Hospital). The project commenced in 1991 with the then Rift Valley Provincial Commissioner Mr. Yusuf Haji laying the foundation stone on 22nd May 1991.
Programmes and Courses offered
- Certificate in Enrolled Community Health Nursing
- Diploma in Enrolled Community Health Nursing
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine
- Certificate in Nutrition and Dietetics
- Certificate in Environmental Health Sciences
- Diploma in Environmental Health Sciences
The facilities available include:
- Well-stocked library
- Computer and skills laboratories
- Spacious classrooms
- Modern hostels
Clinical experience sites
Baringo County Referral and Teaching Hospital provides the main clinical experience site for our students.
Current number of students is 952 with the number expected to increase in the next intake.
Clubs, Societies and sports
The Campus offers a variety of sports such as netball, football, rugby, hockey, basketball, darts and indoor games. The Campus also encourages and supports religious groups to nourish spiritual needs of students.
Campus Contact Information: –
KMTC Kabarnet Campus
P. O. BOX 401 – 30400
Email: [email protected]
Full list of all Courses offered at KMTC (See minimum entry requirements)
1. Clinical Medicine and Surgery (Diploma and Higher
2. Medical Laboratory Sciences (Diploma and Higher
3. Orthopaedic and Trauma Medicine (Certificate
4. Community Oral Health (Diploma)
5. Medical Imaging Sciences (Diploma and Higher
6. Medical Education (Higher Diploma)
7. Health Records and Information Technology
(Certificate and Diploma)
8. Pharmacy (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
9. Dental Technology (Diploma)
10. Nursing (Certificate, Diploma and Higher Diploma)
11. Public Health (Certificate, Diploma and Higher Diploma)
12. Nutrition and Dietetics (Certificate and Diploma)
13. Occupational Therapy (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
14. Health Promotion (Certificate, Diploma and Higher
15. Orthopaedic Technology (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
16. Optometry (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
17. Physiotherapy (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
18. Medical Engineering (Certificate, Diploma and Higher
19. Short Courses
How to Apply for KMTC Courses 2021/2022
We welcome your application
Thank you for your interest in the Kenya Medical Training College. We are happy that you are looking closely at the exciting opportunities available here in KMTC.
KMTC seeks to enrol and graduate applicants who will develop and grow educationally and personally and will contribute to the College community, and the broader society.
To that end, the role of the Admissions and Records Office is to recruit, admit, and encourage enrolment of applicants who are spiritually mature, academically excellent, accomplished in extra-curricular endeavours, and broadly diverse through individualized review and professional judgment.
All applications are ONLINE from the application portal on this website www.kmtc.ac.ke.
The prospective candidates apply for admission into courses for each academic year for Regular or Parallel Category.
The Regular category have subsidized fee with optional accommodation but no choice for campus while the parallel category have non subsidized fee, no accommodation option but have option for campuses choice in more than sixty five (65) campuses situated in different parts of the country depending on the courses.
- Prospective candidates are expected to visit the applicants’ portal, read the advertisement to know the various courses and their specific entry requirements.
- Candidates interested in making an application are advised to READ the application guidelines (preservice/Inservice) available on the application portal
- Candidates are advised to follow the steps carefully given in the application guideline to the end to be sure of application success.
- Take note that the application period has timelines as stipulated on the advertisement please observe them