Kenya Medical Training College (KMTC) Lake Victoria Campus was established in July 2013 as part of KMTC’s expansion programme to provide more training opportunities for qualified Kenyans seeking to train as competent health professionals.
It is located in Kisumu County along Angawa Avenue adjacent to Kisumu County Hospital and occupies land measuring approximately 3.5 hectares.
Programmes and Courses currently offered:
- Diploma in Community Health Nursing
- Diploma in Medical Laboratory Science
- Diploma in Environmental Health Science
- Diploma in Medical Engineering
- Certificate in Environmental Health Science
- Upgrading in Medical Laboratory Sciences
- Upgrading in Environmental Health Sciences
- HIV Training and Counseling Services (HTS)
- Adherence Counseling Training
- Infection Prevention
- Safe Phlebotomy
- First Aid and Basic Life support
- Well-equipped Computer Lab
- Demonstration Lab
- Modern Hostels
- Medical Engineering workshops
The current population of students is 422 with the number expected to increase in the next intake.
Clinical experience sites
Students gain their clinical experience from:
- Jaramogi Oginga Odinga Teaching and Referral Hospital
- Kisumu County Hospital
- Kakamega Teaching and Referral Hospital
- Vihiga County Hospital
- Siaya County Hospital
Clubs, societies and sports
Students can participate in the following clubs available at the Campus:
- Young Christian Society
- Christian Union
- Seventh Day Adventists
- President’s Award Club
- Music Club
- Modeling Club
- Environmental Club
Campus contact information: –
KMTC Lake Victoria Campus
PO BOX 2268-40100
Email: [email protected]
Full list of all Courses offered at KMTC (See minimum entry requirements)
1. Clinical Medicine and Surgery (Diploma and Higher
2. Medical Laboratory Sciences (Diploma and Higher
3. Orthopaedic and Trauma Medicine (Certificate
4. Community Oral Health (Diploma)
5. Medical Imaging Sciences (Diploma and Higher
6. Medical Education (Higher Diploma)
7. Health Records and Information Technology
(Certificate and Diploma)
8. Pharmacy (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
9. Dental Technology (Diploma)
10. Nursing (Certificate, Diploma and Higher Diploma)
11. Public Health (Certificate, Diploma and Higher Diploma)
12. Nutrition and Dietetics (Certificate and Diploma)
13. Occupational Therapy (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
14. Health Promotion (Certificate, Diploma and Higher
15. Orthopaedic Technology (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
16. Optometry (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
17. Physiotherapy (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
18. Medical Engineering (Certificate, Diploma and Higher
19. Short Courses
How to Apply for KMTC Courses 2021/2022
We welcome your application
Thank you for your interest in the Kenya Medical Training College. We are happy that you are looking closely at the exciting opportunities available here in KMTC.
KMTC seeks to enrol and graduate applicants who will develop and grow educationally and personally and will contribute to the College community, and the broader society.
To that end, the role of the Admissions and Records Office is to recruit, admit, and encourage enrolment of applicants who are spiritually mature, academically excellent, accomplished in extra-curricular endeavours, and broadly diverse through individualized review and professional judgment.
All applications are ONLINE from the application portal on this website www.kmtc.ac.ke.
The prospective candidates apply for admission into courses for each academic year for Regular or Parallel Category.
The Regular category have subsidized fee with optional accommodation but no choice for campus while the parallel category have non subsidized fee, no accommodation option but have option for campuses choice in more than sixty five (65) campuses situated in different parts of the country depending on the courses.
- Prospective candidates are expected to visit the applicants’ portal, read the advertisement to know the various courses and their specific entry requirements.
- Candidates interested in making an application are advised to READ the application guidelines (preservice/Inservice) available on the application portal
- Candidates are advised to follow the steps carefully given in the application guideline to the end to be sure of application success.
- Take note that the application period has timelines as stipulated on the advertisement please observe them