KMTC Lamu Campus was established in September 2016 as collaboration between the KMTC Board of Directors and the County Government of Lamu.
Programs and Courses currently offered
The Campus currently only offers Certificate in Health Records and Information.
The following other programs will be started in September 2019
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Surgery.
- Certificate in Enrolled Community Health Nursing (ECHN).
- Certificate in Orthopaedic Plaster Technology.
- Certificate in Community Health Assistants.
The Lamu County Government has given the Campus a block at the Mokowe Sub-County Hospital that has been converted into four classrooms, one skills lab, and a computer lab.
The County Government has also allocated the Campus a 10-acre parcel of land adjoining the hospital where we have already built a modern tuition block with six classrooms and a computer lab.
Students from the Campus gain their clinical experience from the following hospitals;
- Mpeketoni Hospital.
- King Fahad Hospital.
Clubs, Societies and Sports
There is a wide range of sporting activities for students to get involved in including soccer, netball, handball and badminton.
Campus contact information:
KMTC Lamu Campus
P.O. Box 28-80500
Mokowe – Lamu
Email: [email protected]
Full list of all Courses offered at KMTC (See minimum entry requirements)
1. Clinical Medicine and Surgery (Diploma and Higher
2. Medical Laboratory Sciences (Diploma and Higher
3. Orthopaedic and Trauma Medicine (Certificate
4. Community Oral Health (Diploma)
5. Medical Imaging Sciences (Diploma and Higher
6. Medical Education (Higher Diploma)
7. Health Records and Information Technology
(Certificate and Diploma)
8. Pharmacy (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
9. Dental Technology (Diploma)
10. Nursing (Certificate, Diploma and Higher Diploma)
11. Public Health (Certificate, Diploma and Higher Diploma)
12. Nutrition and Dietetics (Certificate and Diploma)
13. Occupational Therapy (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
14. Health Promotion (Certificate, Diploma and Higher
15. Orthopaedic Technology (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
16. Optometry (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
17. Physiotherapy (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
18. Medical Engineering (Certificate, Diploma and Higher
19. Short Courses
How to Apply for KMTC Courses 2021/2022
We welcome your application
Thank you for your interest in the Kenya Medical Training College. We are happy that you are looking closely at the exciting opportunities available here in KMTC.
KMTC seeks to enrol and graduate applicants who will develop and grow educationally and personally and will contribute to the College community, and the broader society.
To that end, the role of the Admissions and Records Office is to recruit, admit, and encourage enrolment of applicants who are spiritually mature, academically excellent, accomplished in extra-curricular endeavours, and broadly diverse through individualized review and professional judgment.
All applications are ONLINE from the application portal on this website www.kmtc.ac.ke.
The prospective candidates apply for admission into courses for each academic year for Regular or Parallel Category.
The Regular category have subsidized fee with optional accommodation but no choice for campus while the parallel category have non subsidized fee, no accommodation option but have option for campuses choice in more than sixty five (65) campuses situated in different parts of the country depending on the courses.
- Prospective candidates are expected to visit the applicants’ portal, read the advertisement to know the various courses and their specific entry requirements.
- Candidates interested in making an application are advised to READ the application guidelines (preservice/Inservice) available on the application portal
- Candidates are advised to follow the steps carefully given in the application guideline to the end to be sure of application success.
- Take note that the application period has timelines as stipulated on the advertisement please observe them