Kenya Medical Training College (KMTC) Mathari Campus is located within Mathari National Teaching and Referral Hospital along Thika Super Highway, four kilometers north of Nairobi City Centre, opposite Muthaiga Police Station, in Nairobi County.
KMTC Mathare Campus was established in 1961 by the colonial government to train Enrolled Psychiatric Nurses (EPN), who would be deployed at Mathare Mental Hospital on completion of training.
The training continued up to 1976 when it was stopped and one year post-basic enrolled psychiatric course started. The course continued up to 2003 when upgrading programme from Certificate in Enrolled Community Nursing to Diploma in Kenya Registered Nursing was introduced.
Programmes and Courses currently offered
- Diploma in Kenya Registered Nursing (Mental Health and Psychiatry)
- Higher Diploma in Kenya Registered Nursing Psychiatry
- Higher Diploma in Clinical Medicine – Mental Health and Psychiatry
- Higher Diploma in Addiction Science
The Campus intends to introduce the following programmes;
- Diploma in Kenya Registered Nursing
- Certificate in Enrolled Psychiatric Nursing
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine
- Higher Diploma in Occupational Therapy (Mental Health and Psychiatry)
- Certificate in Mental Health and Addiction
The following are upcoming short courses:
- Orientation to Mental Health and psychiatry
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health and Psychiatry- 6 weeks
- Mental Health for the Elderly-2 weeks
- Forensic Psychiatry – 2 weeks
- Health Counseling for Health Service Providers- 6 months distance (Blended learning)
The Campus continues to expand its infrastructure in terms of classrooms, resource center, brandings and maintenance of grounds. It has the following facilities:
- College bus
- Computer lab
- Administration Block
The Campus has a total of 330 students and is expected to increase in the next intake.
Clubs, societies and sports
- Christian Union
- Catholic Action
- Muslim society
- Seventh Day Adventist club
- Environmental club
- Sports:- Football , volleyball, darts, netball, badminton and athletics.
Campus Contact Information
KMTC Mathari Campus
P.O. BOX 46028-00100
EMAIL: [email protected]
How to Apply for KMTC Courses 2021/2022
We welcome your application
Thank you for your interest in the Kenya Medical Training College. We are happy that you are looking closely at the exciting opportunities available here in KMTC.
KMTC seeks to enrol and graduate applicants who will develop and grow educationally and personally and will contribute to the College community, and the broader society.
To that end, the role of the Admissions and Records Office is to recruit, admit, and encourage enrolment of applicants who are spiritually mature, academically excellent, accomplished in extra-curricular endeavours, and broadly diverse through individualized review and professional judgment.
All applications are ONLINE from the application portal on this website www.kmtc.ac.ke.
The prospective candidates apply for admission into courses for each academic year for Regular or Parallel Category.
The Regular category have subsidized fee with optional accommodation but no choice for campus while the parallel category have non subsidized fee, no accommodation option but have option for campuses choice in more than sixty five (65) campuses situated in different parts of the country depending on the courses.
- Prospective candidates are expected to visit the applicants’ portal, read the advertisement to know the various courses and their specific entry requirements.
- Candidates interested in making an application are advised to READ the application guidelines (preservice/Inservice) available on the application portal
- Candidates are advised to follow the steps carefully given in the application guideline to the end to be sure of application success.
- Take note that the application period has timelines as stipulated on the advertisement please observe them