KMTC Sigowet Campus was started in the year 2014, when the KMTC Board of Directors supported the initiative of the then area Member of Parliament. The community purchased 5.2 acres of land and in 2016, construction of two classrooms and an ablution block, funded by the Soin/Sigowet Constituency Fund was started.
In March 2018, KMTC posted a Principal to the Campus in preparation to admit students and also work closely with the CDF project committee. In the same year, the Campus embarked on landscaping and fencing of its premises. The Campus admitted its first class of Certificate in Orthopedics Plaster Technology in March 2019.
The Campus is located in Soin/Sigowet constituency, 35 km west of Kericho town and 30 km north-west of Kapkatet town.
Programmes and Courses currently offered: –
- Certificate in Orthopedics Plaster Technology
The Campus plans to start the following courses in future:
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine
- Diploma in Orthopedic and Trauma medicine
- Diploma in Nursing
- Diploma in Pharmacy
- Higher national diploma in critical care, Oncology and Nephrology.
- Tuition Block
- Well-equipped Skills Lab
- Well-equipped Computer Lab
Clinical experience sites
The students get their clinical experience at Sigowet Sub-County Hospital, Kericho County Referral Hospital, Londiani Sub-County Hospital, Kipkelion Sub-County Hospital, Roret Sub-County Hospital, Fort Ternan Sub-County, Sosiot Sub- County and Kapkatet Sub-County Hospital.
Clubs, Societies and Sports
There are active clubs in the Campus that include:
- Christian Union,
- Young Christian Association,
- Seventh Day Adventist,
- Muslim Association
Athletics for all students and ball games for both men and women keep students engaged and provide the much-needed break from the otherwise demanding learning activities.
Campus contact information: –
KMTC Sigowet Campus
P.O BOX 46-20200
Email: [email protected]
Full list of all Courses offered at KMTC (See minimum entry requirements)
1. Clinical Medicine and Surgery (Diploma and Higher
2. Medical Laboratory Sciences (Diploma and Higher
3. Orthopaedic and Trauma Medicine (Certificate
4. Community Oral Health (Diploma)
5. Medical Imaging Sciences (Diploma and Higher
6. Medical Education (Higher Diploma)
7. Health Records and Information Technology
(Certificate and Diploma)
8. Pharmacy (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
9. Dental Technology (Diploma)
10. Nursing (Certificate, Diploma and Higher Diploma)
11. Public Health (Certificate, Diploma and Higher Diploma)
12. Nutrition and Dietetics (Certificate and Diploma)
13. Occupational Therapy (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
14. Health Promotion (Certificate, Diploma and Higher
15. Orthopaedic Technology (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
16. Optometry (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
17. Physiotherapy (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
18. Medical Engineering (Certificate, Diploma and Higher
19. Short Courses
How to Apply for KMTC Courses 2021/2022
We welcome your application
Thank you for your interest in the Kenya Medical Training College. We are happy that you are looking closely at the exciting opportunities available here in KMTC.
KMTC seeks to enrol and graduate applicants who will develop and grow educationally and personally and will contribute to the College community, and the broader society.
To that end, the role of the Admissions and Records Office is to recruit, admit, and encourage enrolment of applicants who are spiritually mature, academically excellent, accomplished in extra-curricular endeavours, and broadly diverse through individualized review and professional judgment.
All applications are ONLINE from the application portal on this website www.kmtc.ac.ke.
The prospective candidates apply for admission into courses for each academic year for Regular or Parallel Category.
The Regular category have subsidized fee with optional accommodation but no choice for campus while the parallel category have non subsidized fee, no accommodation option but have option for campuses choice in more than sixty five (65) campuses situated in different parts of the country depending on the courses.
- Prospective candidates are expected to visit the applicants’ portal, read the advertisement to know the various courses and their specific entry requirements.
- Candidates interested in making an application are advised to READ the application guidelines (preservice/Inservice) available on the application portal
- Candidates are advised to follow the steps carefully given in the application guideline to the end to be sure of application success.
- Take note that the application period has timelines as stipulated on the advertisement please observe them