The Kenya National Examinations Council,Knec, has released new guidelines on the verification of details for the 2021-2022 Kenya Certificate of Primary Education (KCPE) and Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) candidates.
Read all the details below; including procedures and deadline.
GUIDELINES ON VERIFICATION OF CANDIDATES’ DETAILS FOR THE YEAR 2021 KCPE EXAMINATION.
The Kenya Nation, Examinations Council has dispatched the 2021 KCPE nominal rots for verification by candidates. All the 2021 KCPE candidates are required to serif, and sign against their details in readiness for the administration Al the 2021 KCPE examinations.
In view of the above, it is required that;
- Candidate’S bio data is correctly captured to tally with their birth certificate;
- Special attention to be given to Gender codes, F-Female, M- Male ;
- The religious option for– all learners should be correctly captured to tally with sub-entries i.e. CRE, IRE,HRE;
- All cases of incorrect Bio data entries should be identified and communicated writing for correction;
- For private candidates, all cases of mismatching photos and missing photo, are officially communicated in writing to KNEC. The letter should be accompanied by the corrected candidates’ photo(s) stood in a Computer Disk (CD) arid be correctly labeled;
- All cases of blurred and horizontally aligned photos for private candidates to be corrected and saved in a labeled Computer Disk(l(D), and then submitted to KNEC with a covering letter;
- Candidates with special needs to be correctly captured with the correct codes i.e. LV for Low Vicion, BL for Blind, DF for Deaf, PHY for physically/mentally challenged and those taking either Kenya Sign Language or Kiswahili are accurately captured;
- Confirm that the payment of examination fees for repeaters and private candidates is done. If not paid, the examination fees to be paid to the KNEC fee collection account either at KCB, Equity or National Bank.
- The Head Teachers are informed to forward all the cases with corrections to the CEO, KNEC by 20th September, 2021.