Kuccps inter university transfers applications 2022- The Kenya Universities and colleges Central Placement Service (KUCCPS) has now placed all the 2021 KCSE candidates to courses, universities and colleges of their choice.
If you did your 2021 KCSE exams in June/ July 2022, then you can confirm the course and university they have been placed by following steps in this link; How to check KUCCPS 2022/2023 placement results and admission letters for 2021 KCSE candidates, all applicants
In an event you are not satisfied with the university and course where you have been placed, there is no need for you to be worried.
This is because you have an opportunity to apply for a review of the placement. The placement body offers inter-university transfer services to students who wish to transfer to a university of choice.
The portal for inter-institution application will be open for a period of one month.
Before a student proceeds to inter-university transfer service should take note of the following:
- You can only transfer to another university when the opportunity for transfer is open. through KUCCPS student on-line portal.
- You must be a government-sponsored student too in order to be considered for the transfer.
- The applicant must ensure that they meet the requirements for the course that they want to pursue in the university they transfer.
- One must get approval from the university or the colleges they want to join.
KUCCPS Inter-university transfer application procedure 2022
Step1: Visit the KUCCPS website and access your student portal account. You will do so by entering your KCSE index number and the year you did you examination as the username. The password should be your KCPE index number or birth certificate number.
Step2: Select the programme you want to transfer to, put the PROGRAMME CODE in the inter-institution transfer field. You will only be allowed to proceed to the next step if you meet the cutoff and minimum requirements.
Step 3: Fill in the reason for the Transfer Application. Remember that this field is mandatory. Click on the drop down arrow and select the reason for your transfer.
Once you have selected the reason, the next thing is to type a detailed explanation for your transfer as shown in the image below: Note that you must also provide a detailed explanation on the need for transfer in not less than 300 characters in the text-box below.
Step 4: Once the steps above have been fully satisfied you will find the inter-institution transfer link. Keenly fill all the required details on the form. Once you are done, download the inter-university Transfer Form and print it.
Step 5: Present the dully filled inter-university transfer form to both institutions, i.e., the institution you want to leave and the one that you want to join. The form must be signed by officials from both sides, the vice chancellor of the university and the principal of the college.
Step 6: Once your transfer request has been approved, take the form to the Placement Service. Note that in the event your transfer is rejected, return the form, duly filled as rejected, to the Placement Service. This will allow you to try a transfer another institution.
Step 7: Finally once you have secured a place to transfer to your institution of choice, present the form to the institution which you were initially placed to for a release of your placement.
Payment of KUCCPS Inter-university transfer fees
- An application-processing fee of Ksh1,000 is charged per application.
- A prompt for the M-PESA transaction code will appear at the point of submission. Please keep the transaction code safely as it may be required again.
- CAUTION! Do not make any payment before the applicant has been prompted or after the application deadline has passed!
- Once one has made an application for transfer, the applicant may monitor the progress of their application via the student’s portal.
Note 1: All application fee payments to the Placement Service MUST be made to the M-Pesa Pay Bill No. 820201.
Note 2: Applicants are cautioned against sending money to any individual posing on social media or any other platform purporting to be in a position to assist them.The Placement Service does not require applicants to send money to any mobile phone numbers.
KUCCPS Contact Details
Mobile phone lines: 0723 954 927 and 0734 879 662, 020 5137400.
Email: [email protected].