The Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service (KUCCPS) has now opened the 2020/ 2021 inter-institution transfer portal. If you are not satisfied with the university/ college in which you were placed, then you can now apply for transfer through KUCCPS. The application window shall last for a perid of two months.
Inter-institutions transfer process involves the following steps:
- The student initiates an online transfer application and submits to the receiving institution.
- The receiving institution endorses the transfer applications received through their institution portal and submit.
- The releasing institution receives the application and clears the student (applicant) through their institutions portal and submits.
- The endorsed application comes to the CEO, KUCCPS for approval where a transfer letter will be generated and accessed by the applicant and the two institutions involved.
- The applicant downloads the approved transfer letter and presents the same to the receiving institution.
During the release of the 2021/2022 Placement Cycle report, the Cabinet Secretary for Education directed the Placement Service to conduct the Inter-Institutional Transfer process online for students who may wish to change their programmes and institutions following the laid down procedures and within the set timelines.
How to apply for inter institution transfer (Detailed procedure)
If you have made your mind and wish to apply for the transfer, follow the steps below:
- First, you need to visit the kuccps student portal at http://students.kuccps.net/ to log in.
- After log in, click the transfers tab at the top of your window.
- Now, select the programme and in the inter-institution transfer field input the programme code.
- Give a reason as to why you wish to change your university. This reason should be satisfactory and is mandatory.
- After filling out the form correctly, download and print it.
- Take or send the duly filled form to the institution you want to transfer to for endorsement and acceptance (when accepted, take the form to your initial university for release and then take/ send it to kuccps for your new admission letter, you will be required to pay Sh1,000 to MPESA Pay Bill No.820201).
In case you need to download your admission letters visit this link for all the letters per university.