Job Title : Economist/Statistician – Internship – HR/INT/ECON/01/2023
Internship | Energy Economists
This cadre is responsible for analyzing data on economic indicators, research on distribution, accessibility, and provision of goods and services, in order to identify potential trends and make economic forecasts; that facilitate Strategy formulation, Capital & Energy planning and power purchase
- Developing, maintaining and continuously improving project analysis and tariff setting models to perform sensitivity and scenario analysis for all power plants.
- Testing and analysing the impact of the tariffs on the Company financial model, ensuring that the tariff set adequately covers the Company’s revenue requirements over the forecasted period.
- Conducting economic and financial analysis of current and future PPA, ensuring that the proposed tariffs fully support The Company’s business requirements.
- Providing input for new projects feasibility studies to ensure that projects have high Internal Rate of Return (IRR) and advice on viability and applicable tariffs.
- Bachelors degree in Economics/Statistics or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
Minimum Education Level : Undergraduate