This article provides complete analysis and information about Maasai High school. Get to know the school’s physical location, directions, contacts, history, Form one selection criteria and analysis of its performance in the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education, KCSE, exams. Get to see a beautiful collation of images from the school’s scenery; including structures, signage, students, teachers and many more. For all details about other schools in Kenya, please visit the link below;
SCHOOL’S PHYSICAL LOCATION
Maasai High School is in the Maasai region of Kenya, approximately 160 km southeast of Nairobi, Kenya and 100 km north of the Kenya and Tanzanian border; Kajiado North Constituency, Kajiado County, Kenya. The entire school was built by Maasai Association.
SCHOOL’S INFO AT A GLANCE
- SCHOOL’S NAME: Maasai Boys High Schol
- SCHOOL’S TYPE: Boys and Girls
- SCHOOL’S CATEGORY: N/A
- SCHOOL’S LEVEL: Secondary
- SCHOOL’S LOCATION: Kajiado North Constituency, Kajiado County, Kenya.
- SCHOOL’S KNEC CODE: 31557202
- SCHOOL’S OWNERSHIP STATUS: Private
- SCHOOL’S PHONE CONTACT: 020-882208, 883509
- SCHOOL’S POSTAL ADDRESS: P.O. Box 24353, Nairobi 00502
- SCHOOL’S EMAIL ADDRESS:
- SCHOOL’S WEBSITE:
SCHOOL’S BRIEF HISTORY
The entire school was build by Maasai Association.
The school has:
• Four classrooms
• Administration block
• Dormitory facilities (one for boys and one for girls)
• A kitchen
• Teachers’ houses
The entire school has sufficient water and power supply from solar energy.
The school has over 200 students, boys and girls, from all corners of Maasai land. The students range from 14 to 18 years of age.
The school has 10 teachers. Maasai Association employs 50% of the teachers. The government pays the rest.
The school is managed by a board, a group of 12 men and women, collectively nominated by members of Merrueshi community. The ministry of education has some representative in the board.
Education that meets national standards
Community empowerment through Western and Maasai integrated learning system
Education that is culturally sensitive to the Maasai way of life
The community encourages self-discipline rather than discipline through foreign rules. Younger students are encouraged to become positive role models for future generations. This idea cultivates the Maasai traditional principle of intergenerational support system.
Each villager with a child in school has to sell a goat, sheep or cow in order to meet school fees for their children. Each child pays $150 dollars, tuition, per term. This amount is enough to cover tuition and boarding fees. It is mandatory for each student to wear school uniform in Kenya’s public school.
FOR A COMPLETE GUIDE TO ALL SCHOOLS IN KENYA CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW;
Here are links to the most important news portals:
- KUCCPS News Portal
- TSC News Portal
- Universities and Colleges News Portal
- Helb News Portal
- KNEC News Portal
- KSSSA News Portal
- Schools News Portal
- Free Teaching Resources and Revision Materials
In need of more information about the school? Worry not. Use any of the contacts below for inquiries and/ or clarifications:
- Postal Address: P.O. Box 24353, Nairobi 00502
- Phone: 020-882208, 883509
SCHOOL’S FORM ONE SELECTION CRITERIA & ADMISSIONS
Being a private school, admissions are done directly by the school. Please call or visit the school for admission guidelines.
SCHOOL’S KCSE PERFORMANCE ANALYSIS
The school is an emerging academic giant. In the 2018 Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education, KCSE, exams the school registered a total of 24 candidates who managed to score a mean of B+(plus) with a performance index of 69.751. In 2019, the school had a total candidature of 22 students; 9 boys and 13 girls.
SCHOOL’S PHOTO GALLERY
Planning to pay the school a visit? Below are some of the lovely scenes you will experience.
- All TSC services online portals and how to log in
- TSC TPAD data upload deadline
- Complete guide to the new TSC TPAD portal
- TSC: Full details on the newly established grades for teachers
- TSC: Designation codes for all teacher job groups
- TSC Grades and qualifications/ requirements for various administrative positions in schools
- TSC: Details on the current all 36 Teacher job groups/ grades
- TSC: Requirements, appointment and responsibilities of Principals
- All what you need to know and carry to a TSC teacher recruitment interview
- TSC: Requirements, responsibilities and appointment of Deputy Principals