Mount Kenya University Digital Literacy Programme for Teachers (DLPT)
ICT in Education sets out knowledge and skills relating to the pedagogically effective use of ICT to support and enhance teaching, learning and assessment in the classroom.
- Understand the key concepts and benefits of using ICT to support and enhance teaching, learning and assessment in the classroom.
- Outline considerations for planning an ICT-enhanced lesson.
- Understand safety, security and well-being considerations when using ICT in education.
- Outline ICT resources that can be used to support and enhance teaching, learning and assessment.
- Understand how to source and evaluate ICT resources to support and enhance teaching, learning and assessment.
- Outline key features of classroom technologies.
- Use key features of a learning platform.
Teachers in primary schools and secondary schools.
Teaching staff in universities/ tertiary institutions from other disciplines besides Information Technology.
- 3 Days Training and Practicals
- 1 Day Assessments
- Copy of ID/Passport
- Academic / Professional Certificates
- Introductory Letter from School/College/University/Tertiary Institution
Mode of Study:
Day, Evening and Weekend Intakes (Continuously)
Download and complete the student application form and present your documents at MKU campuses offering the ICT in Education program. Alternatively, email a scanned copy of your application form and accompanying documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. A non-refundable Application fee of Kshs 1,000/- is applicable before any application can be processed.