Reporting to Deputy Director, this position is responsible for the provision of teacher management general administrative support, customer care and data management in the public institutions and TSC at the headquarters, County and Sub- County offices. Successful applicants will be deployed in any station within the Republic of Kenya.
Five(5) year renewable contract.
Duties and Responsibilities
i.Supervision of the TSC staff, Curriculum Support Officers and all teachers in the Sub-County.
ii.Ensure all heads of institutions and teachers sign the performance contract and appraisal at the beginning of the year.
iii.Monitor the performance of staff by ensuring they set performance targets and sign the appraisal forms.
iv.Evaluate the understanding of teachers on the code of regulations and other education policies and enforce compliance.
v.Manage customer care matters in the Sub-County and compile reports on customer queries to document teacher’s points of concern to inform policy direction.
vi.Compile public complaints report on matters affecting teachers, and forward this report to the Director or County Director for action.
vii.Coordinate with heads of institutions and the curriculum support in the sub-County to ensure proper data and information is maintained for teacher management functions for easy references and retrieval when need arises.
viii.Establish and maintain staffing data in the institution and advice on recruitments, transfers, deployment and posts for Administrators.
ix.Provide leadership in mentoring and coaching of directorate staff to inspire and motivate staff.
x.Provide input into the preparation of the Departmental/ County annual budget.
Applicants must be either serving Curriculum Support Officers at Job Group N or currently serving as Secretariat Staff at TSC scale 10 either at the Headquarters or in the County Offices.
Applicants should have:
i.Masters Degree in Education from a recognized university.
ii.Bachelor’s Degree in Education.
iii.Must have been in TSC Scale 10 or Job Group N a minimum of three (3) years.
iv.Leadership, Communication skills and Interpersonal skills.
v.Show merit in Job performance
vi.Must meet the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010
NB: Certificate in Senior Management Course (SMC) from Kenya School of Government will be an added advantage.
Basic Salary: 111,446 – 138,248
House Allowance: 16,800 – 45,000
Commuter Allowance: 12,000
Leave Allowance: 10,000
Medical Cover: Comprehensive Medical Scheme
Closing date: Applications for this Position should be submitted by 28th June, 2019.
How to apply for the advertised Secretariat job vacancies at the TSC:
- The applications are made online. Click on the this link, to take you to the official TSC Secretariat Recruitment portal;https://services.tsc.go.ke/TSCK/Auth/login.php
- Click on the link at the bottom indicated as, Click Here to register.
- Enter your ID Number, Phone Number and Email and click on the ‘REGISTER’ tab.
- You will receive an SMS verification code.
- Enter the Verification code and password and log in. This will take you to the TSC- Secretariat Recruitment Portal. Read the application instructions and select ‘Agree to the above instructions’ tab.
- Select the radio button next to the Vacancy of your choice and click on ‘apply’.
- Fill through all the sections: