Online communication has taken centre stage with the current trends and developments in Information and communications technology (ICT). Emergence of various solid Social media platforms has taken communication by a storm. Platforms like WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram have become so popular among social networks. Each has its own strengths and weaknesses; but, that is a story for another day.
Government institutions and prominent personalities have not been left behind either. They use these platforms for faster communication and sharing of very important information. Platforms mostly utilized are twitter and Facebook.
But, fraudsters have taken advantage of naive online users and they have created pseudo accounts. In fact, it is sometimes very difficult to identify a fake/ pseudo account unless an account is verified. To solve this riddle, we have come up with a list of verified accounts for the following prominent personalities and government institutions.
THE TEACHERS SERVICE COMMISSION, TSC.
The teachers’ employer, TSC, runs one official Twitter and Facebook account that is run by the commission’s head of Communications.
- Twitter Account: The official TSC Twitter account can be accessed by using the handle: @TSC_KE. Simply search for this handle on twitter.
- Facebook Account: TSC KENYA with a description thus; ‘Government Organization.’
The Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service, KUCCPS.
The Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service (KUCCPS) is a State Corporation that provides career guidance and selects students for admission to universities, national polytechnics, technical training institutes and other accredited higher learning institutions for Government of Kenya-sponsored programmes.
- Official twitter handle: @KUCCPS_Official
THE KENYA NATIONAL EXAMINATIONS COUNCIL, KNEC
The Kenya National Examinations Council, Knec, is mandated with administration of national examinations in the whole country.
- Official twitter handle: @ExamsCouncil
OFFICIAL HELB PAGE
The Higher Education Loans Board, HELB, is a State Corporation that advances financial aid to students in higher learning institutions.
- Official twitter handle: @HELBpage
Here are links to the most important news portals:
- KUCCPS News Portal
- TSC News Portal
- Universities and Colleges News Portal
- Helb News Portal
- KNEC News Portal
- KSSSA News Portal
- Schools News Portal
- Free Teaching Resources and Revision Materials
Kenya Revenue Authority, KRA
The Kenya Revenue Authority, KRA, is the principal government revenue collection agency in the Country.
- Official twitter handles: @KRACare and @KRACorporate
Ministry of Education
The Ministry of Education is responsible for national policies and programmes that help Kenyans access quality and affordable, school education, post-school, higher education and academic research.
- Official twitter handle: The Official Twitter handle for the Ministry of Education of the Republic of Kenya is @EduMinKenya
Ministry of Health
- Official twitter handle: @MOH_Kenya
Ministry of Interior
- Official twitter handle: @InteriorKE
The Directorate of Criminal Investigations, DCI, is established under the National Police Service Act, 2011. It is part of the larger National Police Service; the other organs being the Administration Police Service and Kenya Police Service.
- Official twitter handle: @DCI_Kenya
William Samoei Ruto, PhD
- Official twitter handle: @WilliamsRuto
State House Kenya
- Official twitter handle: @StateHouseKenya
Page will be updated on a regular basis. Check back for more verified accounts and links.
BEST LINKS TO TSC SERVICES & DOCUMENTS; ONLINE
- All TSC services online portals and how to log in
- Complete guide to the new TSC TPAD portal
- TSC: Full details on the newly established grades for teachers
- TSC: Designation codes for all teacher job groups
- TSC Grades and qualifications/ requirements for various administrative positions in schools
- TSC: Details on the current all 36 Teacher job groups/ grades
- TSC: Requirements, appointment and responsibilities of Principals
- All what you need to know and carry to a TSC teacher recruitment interview
- TSC: Requirements, responsibilities and appointment of Deputy Principals
- TSC: Full payment rates for teachers, officials, attending CBC training
- New, latest TSC Teachers recruitment guidelines
- TSC: Wealth declaration guide for teachers, staff
- A TSC teacher’s payslip details and how to get yours online
- TSC posting, employment, letters for newly recruited teachers
- TSC adds another new teacher registration, employment requirement; read the details
- All TSC online services: the TSC website, online services and how to easily access them
- New list of TSC County Directors
- Updated TSC recruitment guidelines for teachers
- TSC: Process of handing-taking over by new school heads and other administrators
- New academic and professional requirements for registration of teachers
- How to check the status of TSC number application online
- Get the latest TSC news on these official Social Media links (Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, Telegram and online)
- How to apply online for the vacant administrative positions at the Teachers Service Commission-tsc
- TSC: Most marketable subject combinations
- TSC: Revised, new, service charter
- TSC: Download all the TSC forms, circulars, regulations and Memos here
- TSC: How to easily get the retirement, pension, benefits
- TSC: Full process of interdicting, disciplining and dismissing teachers
- New, updated, list of offences that can lead to a teacher’s removal from the TSC register
- TSC: All teachers’ leaves explained
- TSC: List of all allowances paid to teachers and to get them
- Latest Career Progression Guidelines, CPG, for teachers
- TSC: Answers to all the Frequently asked questions by teachers
- TSC: A list of all the TSC contacts
- TSC: How a teacher should claim the medical expenses costs from TSC
- TSC: How to best apply for a teacher transfer
- How to easily apply for a TSC number
- Applying for a TSC number? This is all you need to know.
- All what you are required to have in order to apply for a TSC number