IEBC CLERK ONE
- Welcomes the
- Inspects the voter’s fingers for any sign of voting.
- Compares the image on the ID/Passport with the voter’s
- Searches the voter in the KIEMS kit using any of the fingers
- Logs in once into the EVI application at the beginning of voting period
- If voter’s details are displayed on the KIEMS screen, the clerk checks details against the voter ID document and the voters facial appearance.
- If the detail are not correct, the clerk alerts the PO.
- If voter’s details are displayed on the KIEMS screen, the clerk checks details against the voter ID document and the voters facial appearance, then confirms by tapping on Yes
- If the details are not displayed, the clerk restarts the identification process and tries different set of
- If the details of the voter are not displayed after several attempts using
- Clerk searches using alphanumeric (ID Number/Names) of the
- If the voter details are displayed, clerk verifies the voter using different fingerprints once
- If the voter is not verified, clerk verifies the voter using their Face
- If the voter is still not verified, clerk notifies the PO to fill in the KIEMS supervisor validation form in the presence agents.
- The PO takes the photo of the voter while holding the ID below the chin, then authenticates using the supervisor password
- If the voter’s details are missing or belong to another polling station the clerk notifies the PO.
It is an offence to
- steal or intentionally cause damage to electronic equipment
- access the whole or any part of a computer system without authorization
Penalty: Fine not exceeding ten million shillings or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding ten years or to both.