Secondary schools are eyeing thousands of 2019 Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education, KCSE, candidates who failed to get the minimum University entry grade so as to enroll them to repeat; this year. In passionate messages circulated on Social Media platforms, the schools seek to recruit candidates who scored mean grades of C- (minus) and C (plain).
Most schools are offering various incentives so as to attract as many repeaters as possible in what is seen as a move to increase their overall performance.
“Good morning. kindly connect me to any candidate who scored a C (plain) and C-(minus) respectively in last year’s k.c.s.e and he/she is willing to repeat for a free scholarship,” reads one of such messages.
Other schools are even ready to offer more incentives, including: paying registration fees for the repeaters and giving them pocket money.
“Are you a candidate who sat for K.C.S.E. 2019 and obtained C (plain) or C-(minus) and you believe that you can add value again at ….. partnering with well wishers is willing to give a SCHOLARSHIP to you in 2020 in form 4 so that u can unleash your full potential,” reads yet another message.
According to the latest circular from KNEC, the registration of candidates for the 2020 KCPE, KCSE and KCSE QT examinations will start from 2nd January 2020 and end on 15th February, 2020.
The government of Kenya pays examination fees for all candidates in public and private schools except repeaters, prisoners, private candidates and non Citizens.
“Any 2019 female candidate with a mean grade of C and wishes to repeat form four 2020. Full year fee shall be provided,” read, yet, another advert.
A total of 697,222 candidates sat the 2019 KCSE exams in 10,287 centres countrywide; with 63, 102 scoring C (plain) and 83,358 others managing C- (minus).
These candidates are eligible to join diploma courses, but others may opt to repeat so as to try and achieve university entry. A total of 125,746 candidates scored mean grade of C+ and above in KCSE 2019 exams.
GRADE COUNT FOR THE 2019 KCSE EXAMINATION BY CATEGORY OF SCHOOLS
OVERALL NATIONAL GRADE SUMMARY FOR 2019 KCSE EXAMINATIONS
- Guide to Bachelor of Engineering in Electrical and Electronic Engineering course; requirements, fees, institutions where offered, duration and job opportunities
- Bachelor of Engineering in Building and Civil course; Requirements, duration, job opportunities and universities offering the course
- Bachelor of Technology in Applied Chemistry course; Requirements, duration, job opportunities and universities offering the course
- Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical course; Requirements, duration, job opportunities and universities offering the course
- Bachelor of Science in Renewable Energy and Biofuel Technology course; Requirements, duration, job opportunities and universities offering the course
- Bachelor of Science in Human Nutrition and Dietetics course; Requirements, duration, job opportunities and universities offering the course
- Bachelor of Science in Agriculture and Biotechnology course; Requirements, duration, job opportunities and universities offering the course
- Bachelor of Science in Health Promotion and Sports Science course; Requirements, duration, job opportunities and universities offering the course