The Teachers Service Commission, TSC, will implement the third phase of salaries adjustments for teachers under the 2017-2021 Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) that was agreed between the Commission and teachers’ unions. The Commission has already implemented the first and second phases; that were effected in 1st July, 2017 and 1st July, 2018 respectively.
WALKING HOME EMPTY HANDED.
But there are categories of teachers who will walk home empty handed at the end of July as their incremental phases were concluded in July, 2018. For secondary school teachers currently in Job group (C2; formerly K) who are holders of a Bachelor’s Degree in Education or its equivalent will not be receiving any salary increment in both July, 2019 and 2020 Phases. Other categories of teachers whose salary increment was only awarded in two phases are: Secondary school teachers who are holders of Diploma in Education at grade C1 (Formerly H) and Primary teachers at Job group B5 (Formerly G).
In this financial year (2019/2020) the National Treasury Cabinet Secretary Henry Rotich allocated the commission Sh3.2 billion for its recurrent expenditure, new recruitment and implementation of the third phase of the CBA.
Here are the new salaries that teachers will expect in their bank accounts at the end of July, 2019 as the third phase of the increment is effected;
CHIEF PRINCIPALS (T- Scale 15)
These are Principals in National and Extra County Schools with over 1000 students who currently earn a salary of between KES 121, 201 and 157,937 per month. These teachers will get a salary increment of KES 4,719 to KES 10,613. The lowest earner in this group will walk home with a salary of KES 121,814 while the highest earner in this group will earn KES 157,656 per month; effective 1st July, 2019. Their salary increments were to be effected in four phases with the final phase coming up on 1st July, 2020.
More reading on TSC matters;
- New, latest TSC Teachers recruitment guidelines
- TSC: Wealth declaration guide for teachers, staff
- A TSC teacher’s payslip details and how to get yours online
- TSC posting, employment, letters for newly recruited teachers
- TSC adds another new teacher registration, employment requirement; read the details
- All TSC online services: the TSC website, online services and how to easily access them
- New list of TSC County Directors
- Updated TSC recruitment guidelines for teachers
- TSC: Process of handing-taking over by new school heads and other administrators
- New academic and professional requirements for registration of teachers
- How to check the status of TSC number application online
- Get the latest TSC news on these official Social Media links (Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, Telegram and online)
- How to apply online for the vacant administrative positions at the Teachers Service Commission-tsc
- TSC: Most marketable subject combinations
- TSC: Revised, new, service charter
- TSC: Download all the TSC forms, circulars, regulations and Memos here
- TSC: How to easily get the retirement, pension, benefits
- TSC: Full process of interdicting, disciplining and dismissing teachers
- New, updated, list of offences that can lead to a teacher’s removal from the TSC register
- TSC: All teachers’ leaves explained
- TSC: List of all allowances paid to teachers and to get them
- Latest Career Progression Guidelines, CPG, for teachers
- TSC: Answers to all the Frequently asked questions by teachers
- TSC: A list of all the TSC contacts
- TSC: How a teacher should claim the medical expenses costs from TSC
- TSC: How to best apply for a teacher transfer
- How to easily apply for a TSC number
- Applying for a TSC number? This is all you need to know.
- All what you are required to have in order to apply for a TSC number
SENIOR PRINCIPALS (T- Scale 14)
Senior Principals head County Schools with over 540 students. These Principals currently pocket a monthly salary of between KES 111,201 and KES 152,937. They are set to receive an increase of between KES 3,537 and 9,519. These tutors will now earn a monthly perk of KES 109,249 to 118,169 per month at the end of July, 2019. Their salary increment was to be effected in four phases under the current CBA.
- TSC grades and qualifications for various administrative positions in schools; complete guide
- List of all administrative positions per school category as set by TSC
- Designation codes for all TSC teachers’ job groups.
- A detailed analysis of all TSC teachers’ grades/ Job groups
- TSC- Promotion requirements for teachers
PRINCIPALS (T- Scale 13)
These are Principals heading Sub- County and All Day schools who currently earn between KES 77,840 and 90,612 per month. The lowest earner in this category will get an increase of KES 16,010 to earn a new salary of KES 93,850 while the highest earner will get a top up of KES 12,195 to get a new monthly salary of KES 102,807.
DEPUTY PRINCIPALS III
These administrators of Sub- County and All Day schools currently earn a monthly pay of between KES 71,565 and 85,269. The lowest earner in this grade will now pocket a monthly pay of KES 82,717 while, the highest earner will pocket KES 87,900 after receiving an increment of KES 11,152 and 2,631 respectively. They have one more phase of salary increment which will be done in July, 2020.
SENIOR HEAD TEACHERS, SENIOR MASTER II AND DEPUTY PRINCIPALS IV
Primary schools with enrollment of over 1000 learners are headed by Senior Head Teachers with Grade D1 (T- Scale 11). While, Senior Master II with Grade D1 (T- Scale 11) are administrators in County Schools with with over 540 students. These administrators currently earn between KES 66,177 to 80,242 per month. They will receive an increment of KES 2,475 to 8,526. They will receive their final salary increment in July, 2019.
HEAD TEACHERS, DEPUTY HEAD TEACHER I AND SENIOR MASTER III
Primary schools with enrollment of below 1000 learners are headed by Head Teachers with Grade C5 (T- Scale 10). While, Deputy Head Teacher I at Grade C5 (T- Scale 10) are administrators in Primary schools with enrollment of over 1000 learners. On the other hand, Senior Master III of Grade C5 (T- Scale 10) are administrators in Sub- County and All Day schools. Lowest earners in this group (who get a monthly pay of KES 40,849) will now pocket KES 51,632. Highest earners in this category will now pocket a monthly salary of KES 60,533 up from the current 58,069. These tutors will have one more increment in July, 2020 under the current CBA.
- All TSC services online portals and how to log in
- TSC TPAD data upload deadline
- Complete guide to the new cTSC TPAD portal
- TSC: Full details on the newly established grades for teachers
- TSC: Designation codes for all teacher job groups
- TSC Grades and qualifications/ requirements for various administrative positions in schools
- TSC: Details on the current all 36 Teacher job groups/ grades
- TSC: Requirements, appointment and responsibilities of Principals
- All what you need to know and carry to a TSC teacher recruitment interview
- TSC: Requirements, responsibilities and appointment of Deputy Principals
DEPUTY HEAD TEACHER II
Deputy Head Teacher II Grade C4 (T- Scale 9) are administrators in Primary schools with enrollment of below 1000 learners. These teachers currently earn monthly perks of between KES 35,927 and 49,912; their salaries have been increased to between KES 45,287 and 51,632 respectively effective July 1st, 2019.
SECONDARY TEACHER I AND SENIOR TEACHER I
Secondary Teacher I are teachers in Secondary schools whose grade is C3 (formerly L); This is a promotional grade for teachers in secondary school. On the other hand, Senior Teacher I are administrators in Primary schools with enrollment of over 1000 learners with Grade C3. These tutors earn monthly salaries of KES 39,532 – KES 41,343; they will now earn between KES 41,343 and 51,927 effective July, 2019. The salaries for this group of teachers was to be reviewed in four phases; meaning they still will get another increment in July, 2020.
SENIOR TEACHER II, SECONDARY TEACHER II & SECONDARY TEACHER II UNTRAINED (UT) AND PRIMARY SNE TEACHERS.
Senior Teacher II are administrators in Primary schools with enrollment of below 1000 learners. While, Secondary Teacher III is an entry grade for secondary school teachers who are holders of Diploma in Education. These teachers currently pocket salaries of between KES 27,325 and KES 32,988 and will get an increment of between KES 983 to KES 3,917.
SECONDARY TEACHER II & SECONDARY TEACHER II UNTRAINED AND PRIMARY SNE TEACHERS.
These teachers who fall in Grade C2 (Formerly K) will not receive any salary increment in the remaining two phases. Grade C2 is an entry grade for secondary school teachers who are holders of a Bachelor’s Degree in Education or its equivalent. It is also a promotional grade for holders of Diploma in Education.
PRIMARY TEACHER I AND SECONDARY TEACHER III
These are teachers in grade C1 (Formerly H and J). Grade C1 is an entry grade for secondary school teachers who are holders of Diploma in Education. These tutors will not also get any salary increment in the remaining two phases.
PRIMARY TEACHER II
These are teachers at Grade B5 (T- Scale 5) which is the entry grade for primary school teachers. These tutors will not also get any salary increment in the remaining two phases as their increments were concluded in July 2018; as per the current CBA.