The Teachers Service Commission, TSC, appraises teachers by using the TEACHER PERFORMANCE APPRAISAL AND DEVELOPMENT (TPAD) tool. As a matter of fact, the Commission requires teachers to prepare, use, update and maintain a number of Teacher Professional Documents. These records are monitored on monthly basis by the head of institution; throughout the term.
- All TSC services online portals and how to log in
- TSC TPAD data upload deadline
- Complete guide to the new cTSC TPAD portal
- TSC: Full details on the newly established grades for teachers
- TSC: Designation codes for all teacher job groups
- TSC Grades and qualifications/ requirements for various administrative positions in schools
- TSC: Details on the current all 36 Teacher job groups/ grades
- TSC: Requirements, appointment and responsibilities of Principals
- All what you need to know and carry to a TSC teacher recruitment interview
- TSC: Requirements, responsibilities and appointment of Deputy Principals
Here is the checklist of Teacher Professional Documents (Each document carries five, 5, marks):
- Current Personal time table as extracted from the master time table.
- Syllabus used for the teaching subjects.
- Approved schemes of work.
- Updated Lesson Plans.
- Updated Lesson Notes
- Records of Work that must be checked on weekly basis
- Mark books detailing each leaner’s performance in the teaching subjects
- Teaching subjects’ analysis for the National (KCPE or KCSE) examinations.
- Marked/ Checked Learners’ work; exercise books
- Daily class/ Lesson attendance register
- Co- curricular activity records
- Learners’ discipline management and guidance & counseling records
- Copies of subject/ departmental meeting minutes
- Teacher Performance Appraisal and Development Records
- Individualized Educational Programmes
- Professional Development activities
- Lesson Observation Records
- Activities with stake holders
- Integration of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) in teaching/ learning.
- Preparation of teaching aids that should be done by using locally available Resource materials.
Appraisal information on these documents should be filled onto a form provided by the Commission downloadable from the Commission’s official website; http://www.tsc.go.ke
More articles on Education matters;
- KNEC- How to download Contracted Professional’s Invitation Letters
- TSC: Detailed guide on using the new TPAD 2 System
- TSC: How to register for AON medical Scheme services via the mobile phone
- The TSC GP69 Medical Form
- TSC: All forms for TSC leaves
- TSC: Latest Designation codes, salaries and job groups for teachers
- KNEC- Guide on how to successfully register candidates for KCSE, KCPE exams
- KNEC: Grading System for KCSE exams
- KNEC- How to correct KCSE, KCPE registration details for Candidates
- 2020 Term Dates for schools and Colleges
- P1 Teacher Training intake news
- KNEC instructions on Grade 3 Learners Assessment
- How to apply for the Kenya Education Fund Scholarships for all learners
- Gazetted School reporting and departure times for teachers and students: School routine
- Education Ministry’s guidelines on Learners’ Discipline
- KNEC: How to revise form one schools’ selections for KCPE candidates
- KNEC Examiners: Here is all that you need to know
- KUCCPS: Instructions for students on admissions to Universities, Polytechnics and Colleges
- KUCCPS: Inter Institution Transfer guidelines and procedure for students
- HELB: This is all you need to know concerning HELB loans application, processing, disbursement and repayment
- HELB: Procedure for applying for HELB loans online