A study leave is granted either on paid or unpaid terms in line with the existing policy by the Teachers Service Commission, TSC. According to the Commission:
‘Study leave will be granted in line with the policy existing from time to time.
Click on this link for all the Latest TSC News, forms, procedures and many more: All the latest TSC news
- The application should be forwarded to the Commission at least one month before the commencement date.
- An application should be accompanied by the admission letter.
- A teacher should not proceed on leave before approval and formal release.
- Once granted, leave should be utilized for the approved purpose failure to which disciplinary action will be taken.
- Teachers should report for posting 30 days before expiry of the leave and provide evidence of having undertaken studies.
- Those on study leave lasting less than six months should report back to their stations for allocation of duties. Their heads of institutions should inform the Commission immediately.’
Here is the TSC Application for Study Leave form;