The Teachers Service Commission, TSC, has rolled out in service training programmes for all practicing teachers. The Commission has already contracted institutions that will be offering the refresher training programme christened Teacher Professional Development (TPD) modules.
The teachers will be expected to meet the training costs for the modules that will be offered during school holidays at a rate of KSh6,000 per year. Of importance to note is the fact that the training will be mandatory for all practicing teachers.
A teacher who will fail to undertake the short courses would be deemed to have violated the TSC code of regulation and may face disciplinary action from the employer.
Kenyatta University, Mount Kenya University, Riara University and Kenya Education Management Institute (KEMI) have been identified to offer the Teacher Professional Development modules. A teacher will be at liberty to choose an institution of his/ her choice where to take the TPD modules.
According to TSC, the starting date will be December, 2021. Teacher Professional Development will continuously update teacher knowledge, skills, attitude and values encourage teachers’ learning communities.
The good news for teachers is that most of the TPD modules will be available online.
“Many components of the TSC Teacher Professional Development programme will be available to teachers online and will be accessed through mobile phones,” says the Commission.
TPD Modules Advert for teachers (Requirements, how to apply, intakes)
Teacher Professional Development, TPD, Course Modules- TSC latest news
TSC Teacher Professional Development, TPD, modules at MKU (Course details, fees, requirements, how to apply)
TSC Teacher Professional Development, TPD, Program 2021-2022 at KEMI (Requirements, How to Apply, Intakes)
DETAILS ON THE TPD MODULES
All teachers will now be required to undergo professional development training six times in their career with each module taking a period of five (5) years. This means training will be done after every five years for a maximum of thirty years.
The number of modules to be undertaken will, though, depend on the number of years that a teacher still has in service.
Consequently, the type of module to be taken will largely depend on the number of years that a teacher still has in service; before attaining retirement age.
A teacher beginning the training will be required to complete seven sections of module one in order to be re-certified.
According to a policy statement paper prepared by TSC in 2018, Teachers will be trained for about five (5) days during school holidays.
Upon commencement of the programme, a teacher will be required to acquire a certificate, which is renewable every five years while subsequent applicants for certificate of registration will be issued with both certificates.
After completing all Teacher Professional Development modules, teachers will be eligible for re-certification and promotion; as the TPD modules have been anchored in the Career Progression Guidelines, CPG.
The training will also enhance the teacher’s knowledge and skills in order to address gaps in the Teacher Performance and Appraisal Development, TPAD. They will also keep teachers informed, enable them improve their pedagogical skills and acquire new, relevant, knowledge in their teaching areas.
On the flip side, teachers who would fail after the TPD assessment will have their teaching certificates withdrawn.
BEST LINKS TO TSC SERVICES & DOCUMENTS; ONLINE
- All TSC services online portals and how to log in
- Complete guide to the new TSC TPAD portal
- TSC: Full details on the newly established grades for teachers
- TSC: Designation codes for all teacher job groups
- TSC Grades and qualifications/ requirements for various administrative positions in schools
- TSC: Details on the current all 36 Teacher job groups/ grades
- TSC: Requirements, appointment and responsibilities of Principals
- All what you need to know and carry to a TSC teacher recruitment interview
- TSC: Requirements, responsibilities and appointment of Deputy Principals
- TSC: Full payment rates for teachers, officials, attending CBC training
- New, latest TSC Teachers recruitment guidelines
- TSC: Wealth declaration guide for teachers, staff
- A TSC teacher’s payslip details and how to get yours online
- TSC posting, employment, letters for newly recruited teachers
- TSC adds another new teacher registration, employment requirement; read the details
- All TSC online services: the TSC website, online services and how to easily access them
- New list of TSC County Directors
- Updated TSC recruitment guidelines for teachers
- TSC: Process of handing-taking over by new school heads and other administrators
- New academic and professional requirements for registration of teachers
- How to check the status of TSC number application online
- Get the latest TSC news on these official Social Media links (Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, Telegram and online)
- How to apply online for the vacant administrative positions at the Teachers Service Commission-tsc
- TSC: Most marketable subject combinations
- TSC: Revised, new, service charter
- TSC: Download all the TSC forms, circulars, regulations and Memos here
- TSC: How to easily get the retirement, pension, benefits
- TSC: Full process of interdicting, disciplining and dismissing teachers
- New, updated, list of offences that can lead to a teacher’s removal from the TSC register
- TSC: All teachers’ leaves explained
- TSC: List of all allowances paid to teachers and to get them
- Latest Career Progression Guidelines, CPG, for teachers
- TSC: Answers to all the Frequently asked questions by teachers
- TSC: A list of all the TSC contacts
- TSC: How a teacher should claim the medical expenses costs from TSC
- TSC: How to best apply for a teacher transfer
- How to easily apply for a TSC number
- Applying for a TSC number? This is all you need to know.
- All what you are required to have in order to apply for a TSC number
Frustrating teachers is like killing the nation….
It would be good for TSC to pay the 6000for that teachers