All Teachers employed by the Teachers Service Commission, TSC, are required to be appraised on termly basis. The Commission has developed a new Teacher Performance Appraisal and Development (TPAD 2) system. Part of the appraisal requires that a teacher be observed atleast once in a term and a Lesson Observation Form be filled. Lesson observation portal is provided in TPAD online system.
The observer is required to enter the marks on the online lesson observation portal after observing a teacher. This is a compulsory target the online appraisal will remain incomplete to at least 97% if the marks on the duly filled lesson observation form (LOF) are not uploaded on the teacher’s online appraisal. According to TSC, there should always be a preparatory meeting before the lesson observation and a feedback session after the lesson observation.
FOR A COMPLETE GUIDE TO ALL SCHOOLS IN KENYA CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW;
Here are links to the most important news portals:
- KUCCPS News Portal
- TSC News Portal
- Universities and Colleges News Portal
- Helb News Portal
- KNEC News Portal
- KSSSA News Portal
- Schools News Portal
- Free Teaching Resources and Revision Materials
FIELDS OF THE LESSON OBSERVATION FORM
The Lesson Observation Form contains the following fields:
- Name of School
- Teacher’s details: Name and TSC Number
- Observer’s Name and TSC Number
- Class/ Form/ Grade
- Total Number of Learners present during the lesson
- Lesson Time and Date
- Subject/Learning Area and Topic/Strand
- Observation Areas and the Performance Indicators to be appraised:
- Introduction and Lesson Organisation: Review of the previous lesson/content related to the current lesson, State the objective of the current lesson, Link the previous lesson to the current lesson, Quality of introduction and captivating/ capture learners interest.
- Content Delivery: Mastery of content in line with the syllabus, Answering of students questions accurately, Teaching with lesson notes and lesson plan summarized the lesson by highlighting the key points, Covering the lesson within the stipulated time (Started on time and ended on time).
- Teaching Methods/ Techniques: Use of appropriate teaching methods (Question and answer, Demonstration, experimentation, Discussion/Group work, Field work); Use of appropriate teaching/learning aids; Use of varied teaching methods; Demonstrate innovation and creativity in teaching; Ability to simulate learners.
- Learner Involvement and Communication: Answering and asking question; Observation; discussion and presentation; experimentation; Field work/presentation; Discovery/presentation.
- Classroom Management: Arrangement of desks to enable a teacher to reach an
individual student; Moving in class to observe students work; Marking/checking students in class; No chorus answers/knowing learners by name; Cleanliness of the classroom.
The Total score for this form is 100%.
Didn’t find what you were looking for? Worry not. Search for more TSC news, forms, memos, circulars, letters and other TSC downloads, below. Simply type in the box below and click on the search button.
- All TSC services online portals and how to log in
- TSC TPAD data upload deadline
- Complete guide to the new TSC TPAD portal
- TSC: Full details on the newly established grades for teachers
- TSC: Designation codes for all teacher job groups
- TSC Grades and qualifications/ requirements for various administrative positions in schools
- TSC: Details on the current all 36 Teacher job groups/ grades
- TSC: Requirements, appointment and responsibilities of Principals
- All what you need to know and carry to a TSC teacher recruitment interview
- TSC: Requirements, responsibilities and appointment of Deputy Principals