The Teachers Service Commission (TSC) is headed by the Commission Secretary (Chief Executive Officer, CEO); This is the TSC Boss. The current TSC Boss is Dr. Nancy Njeri Macharia, who is serving her second term in office. Second in command is the Deputy Commission Secretary. The Directors in various categories fall below the Deputy Commission Secretary.
The TSC Regional Coordinators head the delegated units. Below them are County and Sub-county Directors; respectively.
Registering trained teachers, employing, remunerating and disciplining teachers are some of the roles performed by the Commission. Here is a list of all the TSC Secretariat office bearers;
|POST||NAME OF OFFICE HOLDER|
|TSC CEO/ BOSS||Dr. Nancy Njeri Macharia|
|DEPUTY COMMISSION SECRETARY||Dr. Kennedy Mulunda|
|Director- Human Resource Management and Development||Dr. Julius O. Olayo|
|Director- Administrative Services||Ibrahim Mumin|
|Director- Field Services||Mary C. Rotich|
|Director- Staffing||Rita W. Wahome|
|Director- Finance and Accounts||Cheptumo Ayabei|
|Director- Legal, Labour and Industrial Relations||Timon Oyucho|
|Director- Information and Communication Technology||Charles Gichira|
|Director- Quality Assurance and Standards||Dr. Reuben N. Mugwuku|
|Director- Internal Audit||Isaac K. Ng’ang’a|
- TSC County Directors; Roles/ duties they perform: Latest TSC News
- TSC County Directors in all counties: List and their contacts
ROLES PERFORMED BY THE TSC SECRETARY
Under the guidance of the Commission, the Secretary performs the following duties:-
- Execute the decisions of the Commission.
- Be the head of the Secretariat.
- Facilitate, coordinate and ensure execution of the Commission’s mandate.
- Advise the Commission on teacher projections to facilitate staffing of learning institutions.
- Advise and make recommendations to the Commission on optimum utilization of available teachers.
- Make recommendations to the Commission on appointment and deployment to administrative posts in educational institutions.
- Ensure maintenance of the register of teachers and be custodian of all records of the Commission.
- Be the Accounting officer of the Commission and ensure proper and diligent implementation of Part IV of the TSC Act and any other written law.
- Ensure staff compliance with the constitution and other laws.
- Be responsible for administration and management of the secretariat resources.
- Promote professionalism in the teaching service.
- Advise the Commission on suitability of persons entering the teaching service.
- TSC leaves for teachers: Sick, maternity, paternity, study and all other leaves
- TSC Payslip; Registration, Login, details, password reset and how to downloadTSC- List of all the new Teachers’ Job Groups/ Grades
- TSC allowances paid to teachers: Latest TSC News
- New, latest TSC Teachers recruitment guidelines
- TSC: Wealth declaration guide for teachers, staff
- A TSC teacher’s payslip details and how to get yours online
- TSC posting, employment, letters for newly recruited teachers
- TSC adds another new teacher registration, employment requirement; read the details
- All TSC online services: the TSC website, online services and how to easily access them
- New list of TSC County Directors
- Updated TSC recruitment guidelines for teachers