Avoid Disconnectionupdate your SIM registration details as per Communications Authority of Kenya
Is your line registered correctly?
Have you verified and updated your SIM registration details as per the regulations? Visit any Airtel outlet countrywide with your ORIGINAL ID today.
Click here to update your SIM registration details by uploading a clear image of your ORIGINAL ID (front and back).
In line with the Communication Authority regulations, all telecommunication operators are required to have an image of the customer’s original identification document. This means that all our customers are required to visit any Airtel outlet countrywide with their ORIGINAL ID so that we can take a clear picture of the ID. For additional security, we will also take your picture for a holistic update
It is important to note that should your line not be registered as per the regulations, you risk having your line disconnected. To find an Airtel outlet near you, click Airtel Shop or Airtel Dealer
Should you also wish to confirm which lines are registered using your ID, we have an easy way for you to do so. Simply dial *106#, select your ID type, then enter the respective ID number. You should get an SMS notification in a short while with the number(s) registered under your ID
Should the SMS mentioned above display lines that are not known to you, kindly visit the nearest Airtel with your ORIGINAL identification document to have it/them de-registered.
Click here to download the Airtel Kenya customer registration form.
When registering your line, below are the required documents to be provided. Submit only one document as applicable to you;
• Verification Documents: Kenyan Citizen
- Original identity card
- • Original and valid passport
- • Original service card for a member of the Kenya Defense Forces
- • Original birth certificate
• For a Kenyan citizen not in possession of an original identification documents:
• For East African Residents:
- • An original national identity card
- • An original passport
- • An original East African passport
- • Any other original and valid registration documents acceptable as national identification documents in the country of domicile
• For a Foreign National
• For a corporate person or a statutory body
- • A minor who wishes to register a SIM-card shall be accompanied by his or her guardian possessing relevant identification particulars as set out above
- • The telecommunications operator or agent shall record the date of birth of the minor
- • A guardian accompanying the minor shall be registered as the subscriber of that particular SIM Card until the minor attains the age of majority
- • Upon the minor attaining the age of majority a telecommunications operator shall advise a minor registered as a user to register his personal identification details within 90 days from the date of attaining the age of majority
- • A person who does not register their identification particulars within 90 days from the date of attaining majority shall have their SIM-card suspended and deactivated