The Teachers Service Commission, TSC, has released the training dates and venues for the 2020 Competency Based Curriculum, CBC. According to the released guidelines the training will take place between November 23 to December 5, 2020 at various venues countrywide.
Here is the circular from TSC sent to County and Regional Directors;
RE: TRAINING OF TEACHERS IN COMPETENCY BASED CURRICULUM.
The Teachers Service Commission has planned the training of teachers in Competency Based Curriculum during the month of November from 23RD November to 5th December 2020.
This training will be carried out as the school terms progresses on the stipulated dates.
The dates for the smart cascade model of training are as follows:
The National Master Trainers will train the Curriculum Support Officers (CSOs) and CBC Champions at the County Level and thereafter offer professional support to the CSOs and CBC champions in the Zonal teacher training and SNE training venues. The Head teachers will be required to attend the training for one day and on the first day of zonal teacher training while the teachers will be trained for 5 days. The Training of Teachers from SNE schools and Asal areas will be residential
The target groups for the training are:
- Head teachers from regular and SNE schools who will train for one day only
- ONE Teacher from grade 1 to 3 and TWO teachers from grade 4 ( Regular schools)
- ONE Teacher from grade 1 to 3 and TWO teachers from grade 4 ( SNE schools and special units).
The purpose of this MEMO is therefore to kindly request you to:
- Invite the CSOs and CBC Champions for TOT training ( Each CSO to pair up with a champion)
- USE THE SAME CBC TEACHER CHAMPIONS WHICH WE HAD IN DECEMBER 2019.Do not replace any of them without authority.
- IN the zones where we do not have a CSO currently available DIRECTORS Please appoint two teacher champions who can be trained and assign a subcounty director to shadow them
- Invite the SNE CSOs and SNE CBC teacher Champions for TOT training for the special schools.
- Write invitations to ONE Teacher from grade 1 to 3 and TWO teachers from grade 4 ( Regular schools)
- Write invitations to ONE Teacher from grade 1 to 3 and TWO teachers from grade 4 ( SNE schools and special units).
- Invite the head teachers from both regular and SNE schools to attend training for one day.
- Procure training venues and prepare for meals logistics and seating arrangement observing MOH guidelines, attendance lists, training materials .
CBC TRAINING VENUES