It is back to class for learners as the Ministry of Education introduces Electronic Learning services. Though schools have been closed as a result of the Coronavirus disease outbreak in the country, thousands of learners will be forced to turn to various digital platforms as announced by the Ministry.
“Following the closure of learning institutions, in line with the Presidential directive on containment of the Coronavirus, 15 million primary and secondary school learners are now at home and need guidance on home-based learning,” Says Prof George Magoha; the Education Cabinet Secretary.
According to Magoha, E-learning programmes will be available effective Monday March 23, 2020. “The Ministry of Education has, therefore, found it necessary to step up measures to facilitate learning during the period that learners will be at home. Beginning Monday 23d March, 2020, the Ministry will enhance curriculum delivery through 4 different platforms Radio, TV, You-Tube and the Kenya Education Cloud,” he adds.
In the released schedule, the Kenya Broadcasting Corporation (KBC) will broadcast radio programmes daily, from Monday to Friday, through Radio Taifa and English Service.
FOR A COMPLETE GUIDE TO ALL SCHOOLS IN KENYA CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW;
Here are links to the most important news portals:
- KUCCPS News Portal
- TSC News Portal
- Universities and Colleges News Portal
- Helb News Portal
- KNEC News Portal
- KSSSA News Portal
- Schools News Portal
- Free Teaching Resources and Revision Materials
Radio Taifa lessons will run from 10a.m to 11a.m. The English Service lessons will run from 9.15 a.m to 12 o’clock, and from 2.00p.m to 4.00p.m. The broadcasts will also be available on Iftini FM and Transworld in Garissa, Mandera and Wajir Counties.
Apart from Radio Programmes, Lessons will also be transmitted on the KICD-owned Edu-Channel, which is available on Signet Free to air. Edu-Channel broadcast programme line up will be available in the www.kicd.ac.ke.
All programme content broadcast through the Edu-TV Channel can be accessed on youtube @edutvKenya (livestreamed or recorded).
Apart from accessing lessons, learners can obtain digital content of all KICD approved materials from the Kenya Education Cloud. The digital content is available online through www.kec.ac.ke.
“The Ministry is determined to ensure that all learners access relevant materials to enable them remain in pace with the curriculum calendar, to the extent possible,” says the CS.
Schools and other learning institutions have been closed in order reduce further spread of the deadly virus.
BEST LINKS TO TSC SERVICES & DOCUMENTS; ONLINE
- All TSC services online portals and how to log in
- Complete guide to the new TSC TPAD portal
- TSC: Full details on the newly established grades for teachers
- TSC: Designation codes for all teacher job groups
- TSC Grades and qualifications/ requirements for various administrative positions in schools
- TSC: Details on the current all 36 Teacher job groups/ grades
- TSC: Requirements, appointment and responsibilities of Principals
- All what you need to know and carry to a TSC teacher recruitment interview
- TSC: Requirements, responsibilities and appointment of Deputy Principals
- TSC: Full payment rates for teachers, officials, attending CBC training
- New, latest TSC Teachers recruitment guidelines
- TSC: Wealth declaration guide for teachers, staff
- A TSC teacher’s payslip details and how to get yours online
- TSC posting, employment, letters for newly recruited teachers
- TSC adds another new teacher registration, employment requirement; read the details
- All TSC online services: the TSC website, online services and how to easily access them
- New list of TSC County Directors
- Updated TSC recruitment guidelines for teachers
- TSC: Process of handing-taking over by new school heads and other administrators
- New academic and professional requirements for registration of teachers
- How to check the status of TSC number application online
- Get the latest TSC news on these official Social Media links (Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, Telegram and online)
- How to apply online for the vacant administrative positions at the Teachers Service Commission-tsc
- TSC: Most marketable subject combinations
- TSC: Revised, new, service charter
- TSC: Download all the TSC forms, circulars, regulations and Memos here
- TSC: How to easily get the retirement, pension, benefits
- TSC: Full process of interdicting, disciplining and dismissing teachers
- New, updated, list of offences that can lead to a teacher’s removal from the TSC register
- TSC: All teachers’ leaves explained
- TSC: List of all allowances paid to teachers and to get them
- Latest Career Progression Guidelines, CPG, for teachers
- TSC: Answers to all the Frequently asked questions by teachers
- TSC: A list of all the TSC contacts
- TSC: How a teacher should claim the medical expenses costs from TSC
- TSC: How to best apply for a teacher transfer
- How to easily apply for a TSC number
- Applying for a TSC number? This is all you need to know.
- All what you are required to have in order to apply for a TSC number
For all details about other schools in Kenya, please visit the link below;