Kenya Medical Training College (KMTC) Chuka Campus was started in September 2015 through collaboration between KMTC Board of Directors, the local community, Chuka University and the County Government of Tharaka Nithi. It is currently situated within Chuka University.
Programmes and Courses offered: –
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine.
- Diploma in Kenya Registered Community Health Nursing (KRCHN).
- Certificate in Orthopaedic Technology
The following courses are set to start:
- Upgrading of Enrolled Community Nursing to KRCHN.
- Upgrading of certificate to Diploma in Orthopaedic Trauma Medicine.
- Short courses in HIV Testing Services, Mentorship, Monitoring and Evaluation.
The Campus has the following facilities to enable effective learning by our students:
- Well-equipped Skills lab.
- Fully-equipped Computer lab.
- Well-stocked Library.
Currently, there are 503 students with the population expected to increase in the next intake.
Clinical Experience Sites
Chuka County Referral Hospital provides the main clinical experience site for our students. Others hospitals include: Embu County Referral Hospital, Kiirua and Kyeni Mission Hospitals.
Clubs, societies and sports
The following clubs and societies exist in the Campus for the welfare of students: –
- Young Christian Society
- Christian Union
- Muslim Group
- Seventh Day Adventist
Students also undertake various sporting activities such as rugby, football, netball and basketball.
Campus Contact information
KMTC Chuka Campus
P.O Box 641-60400
Email: [email protected]
Full list of all Courses offered at KMTC (See minimum entry requirements)
1. Clinical Medicine and Surgery (Diploma and Higher
2. Medical Laboratory Sciences (Diploma and Higher
3. Orthopaedic and Trauma Medicine (Certificate
4. Community Oral Health (Diploma)
5. Medical Imaging Sciences (Diploma and Higher
6. Medical Education (Higher Diploma)
7. Health Records and Information Technology
(Certificate and Diploma)
8. Pharmacy (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
9. Dental Technology (Diploma)
10. Nursing (Certificate, Diploma and Higher Diploma)
11. Public Health (Certificate, Diploma and Higher Diploma)
12. Nutrition and Dietetics (Certificate and Diploma)
13. Occupational Therapy (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
14. Health Promotion (Certificate, Diploma and Higher
15. Orthopaedic Technology (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
16. Optometry (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
17. Physiotherapy (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
18. Medical Engineering (Certificate, Diploma and Higher
19. Short Courses
How to Apply for KMTC Courses 2021/2022
We welcome your application
Thank you for your interest in the Kenya Medical Training College. We are happy that you are looking closely at the exciting opportunities available here in KMTC.
KMTC seeks to enrol and graduate applicants who will develop and grow educationally and personally and will contribute to the College community, and the broader society.
To that end, the role of the Admissions and Records Office is to recruit, admit, and encourage enrolment of applicants who are spiritually mature, academically excellent, accomplished in extra-curricular endeavours, and broadly diverse through individualized review and professional judgment.
All applications are ONLINE from the application portal on this website www.kmtc.ac.ke.
The prospective candidates apply for admission into courses for each academic year for Regular or Parallel Category.
The Regular category have subsidized fee with optional accommodation but no choice for campus while the parallel category have non subsidized fee, no accommodation option but have option for campuses choice in more than sixty five (65) campuses situated in different parts of the country depending on the courses.
- Prospective candidates are expected to visit the applicants’ portal, read the advertisement to know the various courses and their specific entry requirements.
- Candidates interested in making an application are advised to READ the application guidelines (preservice/Inservice) available on the application portal
- Candidates are advised to follow the steps carefully given in the application guideline to the end to be sure of application success.
- Take note that the application period has timelines as stipulated on the advertisement please observe them