Kenya Medical Training College (KMTC) Kuria Campus is located in Kehancha town next to Kehancha Level four Hospital, in Kuria West Constituency, Migori County.
The Campus is a community initiative and was established as a partnership between KMTC Board of Directors and the County Government of Migori, which donated the eight- acre piece of land on which it (Campus) is built. The Campus was started in September 2015 when it admitted the first Environmental Health Sciences certificate class and was officially opened by His Excellency, the Deputy President Hon. William Ruto on 21st November, 2015.
Programmes and Courses currently offered
- Upgrading Diploma in Health Records and Information Technology
- Certificate in Health Records and Information Technology
- Certificate in Environmental Health Sciences,
The campus plans to start new courses namely; Nursing and Clinical Medicine
- Adequate classrooms
- Adequate hostel block
- Dining hall
The Campus has about 500 students with the number expected to increase in the next intake and after the proposed mounting of the Nursing and Clinical Medicine programs.
Clinical experience sites
The main clinical site for our students is the neighboring Kuria Sub County Hospital and other health facilities within the area such as level four to level six hospitals.
Clubs, societies and sports
There are adequate sporting facilities for sports like football, basketball, handball, volleyball, indoor games and athletics.
There is freedom of worship in the Campus with very vibrant Christian Union, Young Catholic Association, Seventh Day Adventist and Muslim Association to develop students spiritually.
Campus contact information:
KMTC Kuria Campus
P.O. BOX 41-40413
Email: [email protected]
Full list of all Courses offered at KMTC (See minimum entry requirements)
1. Clinical Medicine and Surgery (Diploma and Higher
2. Medical Laboratory Sciences (Diploma and Higher
3. Orthopaedic and Trauma Medicine (Certificate
4. Community Oral Health (Diploma)
5. Medical Imaging Sciences (Diploma and Higher
6. Medical Education (Higher Diploma)
7. Health Records and Information Technology
(Certificate and Diploma)
8. Pharmacy (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
9. Dental Technology (Diploma)
10. Nursing (Certificate, Diploma and Higher Diploma)
11. Public Health (Certificate, Diploma and Higher Diploma)
12. Nutrition and Dietetics (Certificate and Diploma)
13. Occupational Therapy (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
14. Health Promotion (Certificate, Diploma and Higher
15. Orthopaedic Technology (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
16. Optometry (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
17. Physiotherapy (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
18. Medical Engineering (Certificate, Diploma and Higher
19. Short Courses
How to Apply for KMTC Courses 2021/2022
We welcome your application
Thank you for your interest in the Kenya Medical Training College. We are happy that you are looking closely at the exciting opportunities available here in KMTC.
KMTC seeks to enrol and graduate applicants who will develop and grow educationally and personally and will contribute to the College community, and the broader society.
To that end, the role of the Admissions and Records Office is to recruit, admit, and encourage enrolment of applicants who are spiritually mature, academically excellent, accomplished in extra-curricular endeavours, and broadly diverse through individualized review and professional judgment.
All applications are ONLINE from the application portal on this website www.kmtc.ac.ke.
The prospective candidates apply for admission into courses for each academic year for Regular or Parallel Category.
The Regular category have subsidized fee with optional accommodation but no choice for campus while the parallel category have non subsidized fee, no accommodation option but have option for campuses choice in more than sixty five (65) campuses situated in different parts of the country depending on the courses.
- Prospective candidates are expected to visit the applicants’ portal, read the advertisement to know the various courses and their specific entry requirements.
- Candidates interested in making an application are advised to READ the application guidelines (preservice/Inservice) available on the application portal
- Candidates are advised to follow the steps carefully given in the application guideline to the end to be sure of application success.
- Take note that the application period has timelines as stipulated on the advertisement please observe them