The Kenya Union of Post Primary Education Teachers (KUPPET) will be conduct general elections in 2021. This is per its constitution that requires that Branch and National officials be elected after every five (5) years. Already, the union has released the 2021 election dates and venues per County Branch.
There are ten (10) elective seats and three (3) nomination slots per county. The elective seats are:
- Branch Chairperson
- Branch Vice Chairperson
- Branch Executive Secretary
- Branch Vice Executive Secretary
- Branch Treasurer
- Branch Assistant Treasurer
- Branch Organizing Secretary
- Branch Secretary Secondary
- Branch Secretary Tertiary
- Branch Gender Secretary
- How to know if you are a Kuppet member
- How to join KUPPET, KNUT, KEWOTA union through online process
- How to know if you are a KUPPET, KNUT member
KUPPET 2021 ELECTIONS CALENDAR
Below is the official 2021 Kuppet elections calendar for all branches;
ELIGIBILITY FOR NOMINATION AS A CANDIDATE IN THE ELECTIONS
For one to contest for any of the elective posts, he/ she must meet the following conditions:
- One must be a registered member of the union branch in which he/she intends to participate as an official.
- Timely payment of the Nomination Fees within the stipulated time frame;
(i) Executive Secretaries kshs.50,000/
(ii) Other positions- kshs.10,000/=
(ii) Nomination fees shall be paid to the National Office Equity Bank Account No. 0010297275826, Fourways Branch, Nairobi.
- For branch elections in January 2021, the due date for payment (deadline) will be 16th December, 2020.
- For branch elections in February 2021, deadline will be 16th January 2021.
- Duly filled nomination forms to be presented to the Branch Secretary on or before the said dates attaching bank pay-in-slips.
KUPPET NOMINATION FORM FOR CONTESTANTS.
If you are an aspirant then you will need to fill the nomination form below;
REQUIREMENTS FOR VOTING
To be allowed to vote, you must meet the following requirements:
- Proof of KUPPET membership by showing your recent payslip,
- You must carry your National Identity Card,
- You must be a bonafide Kuppet member who has contributed union dues for 13 consistent weeks preceding the elections,
- You must be a teacher in the County/ Branch where the election is being conducted,
- Those teachers/ tutors paying agency fees will not vote.