The Teachers Service Commission, TSC, has released a list of 43 teachers who have been deregistered in October-November 2021.
Here is the list from TSC;
In exercise of powers conferred by section 30 (1) (e) of the Teachers Service Commission Act Chapter 212 of the Laws of Kenya, the Commission wishes to notify the public that the persons whose names are specified in the schedule herein below have been removed from the Register of Teachers pursuant to the provision of section 30 (2) of the Teachers Service Commission Act.
LIST OF TEACHERS REMOVED AND DEREGISTERED FROM THE REGISTER OF TEACHERS
|S/n||TSC No||Case No||Names||Date
|John G. Njeru||24/9/2021|
|Paul Ndive Sila||24/9/2021|
|Silas Mbaabu M.||24/9/2021|
|Joseph M. Mugo||24/9/2021|
|Nickson O. Waudo||24/9/2021|
|25||523420||0263/07/2019/2020||Martin L. Luvisia||24/9/2021|
|David O. Mboga||24/9/2021|
|Onyango O. Philip||24/9/2021|
|Onyango J. Ojwang’||24/9/2021|
|Zachary O. Otieno||24/9/2021|
|37||463536||0363/09/2019/2020||Joseph K. Kariuki||24/9/2021|
|42||678737||0386/05/2018/2019||David O. Otsieno||24/9/2021|
It is drawn to the attention of the persons whose names appear in the above schedule and to the general public the provisions of sections 30 (4) and (5) and section 23 (2) of the Teachers Service Commission Act which provide:
- where the name of any teacher is removed from the register under this Act, such name shall not be reinstated except by direction of the Commission.
- A teacher whose name has been removed from the register shall cease to be a teacher for purposes of this Act with effect from the date of such removal”.
- A person shall not engage in the teaching service unless such a person is registered as a teacher under this Act”.
Further to the provisions of the TSC Act, Regulation 18 (1) (c) (d) of the Code of Regulations for Teachers as read together with section 45 of the TSC Act provides that any person who:-
- Not being a teacher under the Act teaches or assists in teaching in any school;
- Suffers or permits or employs in any school a person not being a registered teacher shall be guilty of an offence and liable to a fine of not less than one hundred thousand shillings or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding two years or to both”.