Must have TSC Documents for all Heads of Institutions- Pursuant to regulation 42(2) of the Code of Regulations for Teachers 2015, the head of institution is required to perform the role of quality assurance within the institution. In addition, regulation 71 assigns the head of institution the role of lead educator and administrator.
While performing this role, the head of institution is required to maintain institutional records and documents in regard to educational management and curriculum implementation.
In this regard, the following documents shall be used to assess whether the Head of the Institution has embraced institutional based Quality Standard Management (QSM) in maintenance of teaching standards.
The listed records must be acquired, prepared, used, updated and maintained at all times. This checklist is intended to assist the head of institution maintain professional documents for the institution, which could be referred to by an officer for the purpose of assessing the head of institution.
This checklist shall apply to all public learning institutions which include: Primary and Secondary schools, Teacher Training Colleges (Certificate &Diploma), KISE, KIB and CEMASTEA.
New list of Documents that Heads of Institutions must prepare and file
- Master/Block time table
- Copies of approved schemes of work/work plans for teachers/tutors/lectures.
- Learner assessment/progress records/ improvement index and IEP reports.
- Learner skills development target records/ staff quarterly targets.
- Analysis of teacher/lecturer/tutor lesson/session attendance.
- Rescheduling timetables for lessons/sessions not taught.
- Co-curricular activity/team building records.
- Records of learners with challenging behavior, behavior modification records, punishment books/guidance and counselling.
- Staff meeting files with confirmed minutes.
- Performance Appraisal and Development analysis for all staff.
- Staff personal file; containing posting letter, copies of entry and exit return, allocation of duties letter, records of indiscipline, and any other official communication from and to the teacher.
- Circulars, policies and Internal memo files.
- BOM/Council minutes file
- Relevant and current Statutory documents; TSC Act, Basic Education Act, Code of Regulations for Teachers, Code of Conduct and Ethics for Teachers, Sector Policy of Learners and Trainers with Disability (2018), Persons with Disability Act 2003, Safety manual among others.
- Entry and exit return book.
- Updated logbook and visitors’ book.
- Teacher/lecturer/tutor/ duty Rota.
- All relevant books of accounts as provided for in the Accounting Instructions Handbook.
- Strategic plan/School development plan
- Signed copy of performance contract for the current contract period
you may also like;
Summary of the new TSC Documents for School Heads.
|1||Master/Block time table|
|2||Copies of approved schemes of work/work plans for teachers/tutors/lectures.|
|3||Learner assessment/progress records/ improvement index and IEP reports.|
|4||Learner skills development target records/ staff quarterly targets.|
|5||Analysis of teacher/lecturer/tutor lesson/session attendance.|
|6||Rescheduling timetables for lessons/sessions not taught.|
|7||Co-curricular activity/team building records.|
|8||Records of learners with challenging behavior, behavior modification records, punishment books/guidance and counselling.|
|9||Staff meeting files with confirmed minutes.|
|10||Performance Appraisal and Development analysis for all staff.|
|11||Staff personal file; containing posting letter, copies of entry and exit return, allocation of duties letter, records of indiscipline, and any other official communication from and to the teacher.|
|12||Circulars, policies and Internal memo files.|
|13||BOM/Council minutes file|
|14||Relevant and current Statutory documents; TSC Act, Basic Education Act, Code of Regulations for Teachers, Code of Conduct and Ethics for Teachers, Sector Policy of Learners and Trainers with Disability (2018), Persons with Disability Act 2003, Safety manual among others.|
|15||Entry and exit return book.|
|16||Updated logbook and visitors’ book.|
|17||Teacher/lecturer/tutor/ duty Rota.|
|18||All relevant books of accounts as provided for in the Accounting Instructions Handbook.|
|19||Strategic plan/School development plan|
|20||Signed copy of performance contract for the current contract period|
TSC Circular on documents to be maintained by school Principals and Head Teachers.
Quick TSC Links
TSC Teachers Online
Access adverts, entry/exit returns and teacher registration services
Update biodata and additional documents
Access Teacher Perfomance, Appraisal & Development
View pension claims that have been delivered to the Treasury
Access payslips, P9 for tax returns and 3rd party services
Get answers to recurrent questions about general HR issues
TSC Teacher Recruitment and Selection
TSC Determination of a discipline case
Popular in this section.
How do I download my TSC certificate?