The Kisumu Boys annual Geography Contest is here with us, again. You can not afford to miss this great contest where learners will be equipped with the latest skills and techniques on how to answer questions in the subject. You, as a teacher, will also get a chance to gauge your learners’ performance against their peers.
Kisumu Boys High school is pleased to invite you to the Kisumu Ceography Contest to be held on Sunday, 17″ May, 2020 at Kisumu Boys High School as from 8.00 a.m.
You are requested to:-
- Carry a set of eight to ten students for Senior Entry and another set of eight to ten students for the Junior Entry.
- Senior entry will cover both paper one and two topics. Junior entry will cover form one to two and the first three topics of form three (see attached topics to be covered).
- You can enter as many sets as you wish in each category.
- For each set you will be required to pay a non refundable registration fee of Sh2,000 (two thousand) only.
- Carry packed lunch for the day.
- Each school will be required to carry at least one teacher to participate in the marking exercise.
- Carry Yimbo map for each student participating in the contest.
All students are required to revise thoroughly for the contest. Form fours will register for Seniors while form threes can be registered for Junior.
FOR A COMPLETE GUIDE TO ALL SCHOOLS IN KENYA CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW;
Here are links to the most important news portals:
- KUCCPS News Portal
- TSC News Portal
- Universities and Colleges News Portal
- Helb News Portal
- KNEC News Portal
- KSSSA News Portal
- Schools News Portal
- Free Teaching Resources and Revision Materials
- Trophies, certificates, textbooks, atlas and cash will be awarded to the winning students and schools.
- All students, teachers and schools will be given certificate of participation.
- Teachers will be taken through the latest marking and teaching techniques and
- outlawed terminologies in Geography Paper 2 by the Chief of Geography P2.
- Students will also be facilitated on answering techniques by Senior Examiners in paper one and two
- CARRY A TYPED E-MAIL ADDRESS FOR TRANSMISSION OF RESULTS.
- CARRY SOME MONEY FOR PURCHASE OF REVISION BOOKS.
TOPICS TO BE TESTED
The following areas shall be tested for each of the two categories of students:
- Map work. (YImbo map),
- Internal Land Forming Processes,
- Desert Landforms.
- Karst Scenery.
For the Junior category of learners, the following areas will be covered:
- Map work. (Yimbo map),
- Internal Land Forming Process,
- Earth and Solar System,
- Weathering / Mass Wasting.
Confirm your participation using the mobile numbers provided. Please keep time to make the day successful.
Thank you for your support and contribution in improving Geography in our schools.
Olang M. Benard (0723539212)
Please note that the Contest has the Green-light of the local TSC office.
SPONSORED IMPORTANT LINKS:
- Guide to KMTC Courses, requirements, contacts, fees, duration and how to apply
- Kenyatta University Courses, requirements, contacts, fees, duration, portals, website and how to apply
- Technical and Vocational Education Training-tvets-institutions in Vihiga County Courses, requirements, contacts, fees, duration, portals, website and how to apply
- Jaramogi Oginga Odinga University Courses, requirements, contacts, fees, duration, portals, website and how to apply
- Kabarak University Courses, requirements, contacts, fees, duration, portals, website and how to apply
- Kisii University Courses, requirements, contacts, fees, duration, portals, website and how to apply
- Chuka University Courses, requirements, contacts, fees, duration, portals, website and how to apply
Below is the invitation letter;
ABOUT KISUMU BOYS HIGH SCHOOL
Kisumu Boys High School is located at the heart of Kisumu city in Kisumu County; of the Nyanza region in Kenya. Kisumu Boys High is a Boys’ only boarding secondary school. It is one of the best and top performing school in Kisumu County and the Nyanza Region; even countrywide.
This article provides complete information about this school. Get to know the school’s physical location, directions, contacts, history, Form one selection criteria and analysis of its performance in the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education, KCSE, exams. Get to see a beautiful collation of images from the school’s scenery; including structures, signage, students, teachers and many more.
READ FULL DETAILS HERE; Complete guide to Kisumu Boys High School. Click here.