The Teachers Service Commission, TSC, has finally paid April salaries for teachers. The salaries, that usually hit teachers’ accounts from 22nd of every month, were delayed this month as the Commission waited to configure income tax in line with the new regulations.
Join our growing community on Facebook. Click the link below;
OFFICIAL EDUCATION & TSC NEWS CENTRE FACEBOOK PAGE
The teachers, just like other employees in Kenya, have something to smile about as there is a marginal increase in their salaries after President Uhuru Kenyatta signed into law the Tax Laws (Amendment) Bill, 2020. The coming of this bill is part of measures instituted by the government to cushion the public against effects of the Covid-19 pandemic. Read details here; Employees to get increased salaries as President Kenyatta Assents To The Tax Laws (Amendment) Bill, 2020
In the new tax regime, employees earning less than Sh28,000 per month have been awarded a 100 per cent Pay As You Earn (Paye) tax relief. While those earning above the Sh28,000 have received a Paye tax reduction of between 30 and 25 per cent.
- How to file KRA individual tax returns correctly; What you must have
- Simplified procedure for filing KRA returns, online
- How to reset the KRA I- tax Password in case you forgot it.
- KRA Tax Returns: How to enable Macros in Microsoft Office Excel when filling Individual income tax
- TSC Reminder to teachers on filing of individual income KRA tax returns: Procedure
- Government reduces taxes, no listing on CRB for defaulters in order to cushion Kenyans against CoronaVirus Pandemic
- Simple procedure on how to file 2020 KRA returns, Nil returns, by using your mobile phone’s iTax App
- KRA Turn Over Tax, TOT, for traders: Detailed analysis of all other taxes
- KRA to taxpayers- Check the genuineness of your PIN by using the Online PIN checker option; procedure
- P9 form for Public servants from the public service payroll portal https://www.ghris.go.ke/ portal: County and national government employees
- TSC P9 Form from Payslips Portal: How to download and use the P9 form for TSC Teachers