The Teachers Service Commission, TSC, has released a new circular on the Competency Based Curriculum (CBC) training dates for teachers. According to the Commission, the new training dates will be between December 7th to 22nd December 2020.
TSC has at the same time given new guidelines on how the training will be conducted in line with the Ministry of Health Guidelines on combating spread of Covid-19.
See the Circular by TSC below, that has been dispatched to all TSC Regional and County Directors;
RE: TRAINING OF TEACHERS IN COMPETENCY BASED CURRICULUM
The Teachers Service Commission has planned the training of teachers in Competency Based Curriculum during the month of December from 7th to 22nd December 2020. The mode of training will be both face-to-face and virtual. The timelines for the smart cascade model of training are as follows:
The Mode of training
The teacher training will be conducted as follows
- The Master trainers will train the Curriculum Support Officers (CSOs) and CBC Champions (both regular and SNE) at the County Level virtually using Microsoft Teams for 3 days.
- The CSOs and CBC Champions (Both regular and SNE) will train teachers through face to face with strict adherence to MOH COVID 19 prevention protocols for 4 days. There are 2 CBC teacher champions and One CSO per zone. Each zonal training should conduct at least 2 separate classes being facilitated by the CBC champion and the other by the CSO, they can be exchanging the sessions. Teachers should be trained in Small classes of about 45-50.
- The CSOs and CBC Mathematics Champions will continue with the training of grade 1 to 3 teachers on CBC Mathematics content for 2 days.
- Master trainers will offer professional support during zonal teacher training.
The target groups include the following;
- Head teachers from regular and SNE schools
- Two teachers from grade 4 (Regular and SNE teachers).
- Two teachers from grade 1 and 2 for CBC Mathematics
The structure of training caters for Residential training for teachers in ASAL Counties and Special Needs Education Teachers, while Non-Residential training is for non ASAL Counties.
The purpose of this MEMO is to kindly request you to:
- Invite the CSOs and CBC Champions for TOT virtual training (Each CSO to pair up with two CBC champions) from 14th to 16th December 2020.
- Invite the SNE CSOs and SNE CBC Champions for TOT virtual training.
- Invite 2 Teachers per school from grade 4 (Both regular and SNE) for face to face training in the zone.
- Invite the head teachers from both regular and SNE schools for face to face training for 1 day and Procure and prepare zonal training venues for teacher training with strict
adherence to MOH COVID 19 protocol.