Are you a teacher employed by the Teachers Service Commission, TSC? Do you need a check-off loan facility with Equity Bank and you are wondering how to easily get it? Well. Here is a guide on how to apply for the loan, requirements and the loan repayment schedule.
EQUILOAN FOR TSC TEACHERS
Equity bank gives a loan product to teachers employed by the TSC. This loan is referred to as Equiloan and is a medium term loan that is granted to salaried customers for investing in various personal development projects.
FEATURES OF THE EQUILOAN FOR TEACHERS FROM EQUITY BANK.
If you are intending to apply for the loan, then you should know that;
- You can be given up to Sh2Million; depending on ability to pay.
- The loan has a flexible repayment period of up to six (6) years.
- The loan is unsecured. Meaning, with your payslip Equity bank will process your loan.
REQUIREMENTS OF THE EQUILOAN FOR TEACHERS
You should keep in mind that this loan has the list number of requirements. These include:
- Loan application and appraisal forms which you can get at your local Equity Bank Branch.
- Three original and most recent payslips. These you can print from the TSC Payslips Portal.
- Two authorization forms which you can also get at your local branch.
- Two clear copies of your national identity card, ID.
- Two clear copies of your KRA PIN Certificate.
EQUILOAN APPLICATION PROCEDURE
To apply for the Equiloan follow the procedure below;
- Visiting your local Equity Bank Branch and pick the authorization, loan application and appraisal forms. Fill the forms correctly.
- Have the forms duly certified by your principal/ head teacher and TSC.
- Attach the required documents and return the form to your Equity Bank Branch.
- You will be informed of the application status after 48 hours (2 days).
- The next step will involve approval of the loan online.
HOW TO APPROVE YOUR LOAN ON THE TSC PAYSLIP ONLINE PORTAL.
- Log into the TSC Pay-slip portal so as to send your payslip online to your bank/ Sacco.. This can be done by logging into the T-pay portal at https://payslip.tsc.go.ke/login.php
- Enter your TSC number and password correctly and click ”Login’
- Once logged in, under third party transactions, select ‘click here to send your payslip’.
- In the next window, select the third party category as ‘Bank/ Sacco’ and Company to be ‘Bank/Sacco’. You now should click ‘send payslips’. You will get a success message on your screen thus; ‘Payslip for this month has already been sent to a 3rd party’.
- Your Pay-slip will be immediately received at the Sacco/ Bank and the loan application is then processed.
- Once the loan appraisal is complete, you will receive an sms alerting you to login into the TSC pay-slip portal to give your loan consent.
- Log into the TSC Pay-slip portal and click ‘confirm loan’.In the next window, tick the box next to the current loan and click on ‘approve loan’.
- Now select ‘back’ and you will be able to see the loan status as ‘confirmed’.
- Once consent is given by TSC (by seeing the status indicated ‘confirmed’), you will need to alert your bank/ Sacco in order for the loan to be finalized and funds deposited into your account.
- When your loan has been approved, the loan amount will be deposited into you account number and you will be notified.
EQUILOAN REPAYMENT SCHEDULE FOR TSC TEACHERS
It is important that you know how much loan you will qualify for. This you can check on the Equiloan repayment sheet (see below). Remember your payslip must have ability to support the monthly installments towards the loan and that a third of your basic salary must remain after all deductions.