The Kenya National Examinations Council, Knec, has set the deadlines for uploading of the 2021 Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) candidates’ milestone 1 and 2 marks. Please note the deadlines and guidelines below.
HOW TO UPLOAD MILESTONE ONE SCORES AND PICTORIAL EVIDENCE FOR KCSE 2021 CANDIDATES
When the Knec portal is immediately opened to upload the Milestone 1 and 2 data, upload the scores to avoid the last minute rush. Ensure you have collected the required data before logging into the system; Candidates’ scores and pictorial evidence.
To upload scores for each candidate and pictorial evidence for all the learners:
- Access the KNEC portal at knec-portal.ac.ke
- On the home page, click on ‘PROJECTS’
- Log onto the system by providing the User Name and Password (as used during the registration process)
- Select the subject for which you want to upload data and then click on ‘GET FILE’. This will display a list of all students registered for that particular subject.
- Enter the score for each candidate alongside their names in the column labelled ‘MARKS’. Click on ‘POST’ once through.
- Next, you will be expected to provide a photo of the project. Ensure a photograph of the students has been shot and stored in your local location (Phone or Computer memory). Observe the guidelines accompanying the shooting of the photographs like the format to be used.
- Now, click on ‘CHOOSE FILE’. Locate your photograph as stored on your storage and click on it; so as to be loaded onto the portal.
- Finally, Click on ‘SAVE AND PREVIEW’.
Note that if any student is missing on the online generated printout, then list such a student (s) manually on the printout with a red pen. The printout is generated by using the ‘REPORT’ tab once the scores have been entered.
It is important to note that you would not be able to enter/ edit milestone one marks once the period elapses.
Here are the examination periods for the KCSE 2021 projects. Note the dates carefully;
|S/No||Subject||Time line||Duration||Milestone 1 upload period||Milestone 2 upload period|
|1||Agriculture (443/3)||July 2021 to January 2022||7 months||15th September to 15th October 2021||1st to 31st January 2022|
|2||Computer Studies (451/3)||July 2021 to January 2022||7 months||15th September to 15th October 2021||1st to 31st January 2022|
|3||Woodwork (444/2)||August 2021 to January 2022||6 months||15th September to 15th October 2021||1st to 31st January 2022|
|4||Metalwork (445/2)||August 2021 to January 2022||6 months||15th September to 15th October 2021||1st to 31st January 2022|
|5||Building Construction (446/2)||August 2021 to January 2022||6 months||15th September to 15th October 2021||1st to 31st January 2022|
|6||Art and Design (442/3 2D Project||July to October 2021||4 months||By 22nd July, 2021 (2D)||By 15th October, 2021 (3D)|